HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Apr 11, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #1,291 of 1,464
I received the West Coast pair of the LCD-X today.  Fed Ex changed the anticipated delivery date from Thursday to today.  The headphones appear to be in excellent condition with no hint of cigarette smoke, although the pads seem to have a "new car smell".  I'm not sure if that's their natural scent or a cleaning agent that was used on them before I received them.  It's not terrible, but definitely less than ideal.  Hopefully, airing them out for a bit will help with that. 

I'm just sitting down to listen to them now.  I've emailed Justin and messaged the next person on the list. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #1,292 of 1,464

Can't wait for your compares!!! :)

I put up a small comparison on the XC thread.  Not that impressed to be honest with you.  Comparing them to my two favorite headphones on the planet..................

Apr 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,293 of 1,464
Just my stupid thoughts on the X.

It is a good headphone. Not 1700 bucks good but if it was priced better I would pick it up. I loved the detail and clarity, and dat bass. I place it in that 009/abyss category I think. Don't get me wrong the 009 was great sounding headphone but for 4k plus a system to back it up. I think I can find many other things that are just as good with out spending what I can get a decent used car for a headphone setup. I mean Superknowa had close to 8k in that system of his, and it didn't move me for 8k worth of headphone, I was expecting to much maybe but again more meh. 

Here is an example or three
But at 1700
I can have Mjolnir and 2nd hand Lcd 2.2 and have monies left over. 
Or
Used Phonitor or new Mjolnir and used HD800's for around 2k or less
or
HD650 and woo audio wa6se with a princess with extra money.  

In short for the price I don't think its a worth while headphone. It may be for people with **** tons of cash to throw at it and system to support it. But for regular folk with regular budgets there are many other systems that can imitate the sound or be better, ie the Mjolnir and HD800 and this is one time I will agree with the Eee Pee is that that combo sounded extremely nice. even better then the Mjolnir and LCD X,  Though the Mjolnir and older HD 580/600/650's sound ******* amazing as well out of the Mjolnir

Apr 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,294 of 1,464
Not stupid at all. I incorporate financials as well. I think it is all about hitting a price to performance ratio sweet spot. Abyss / liquid gold sounds amazing but certainly not worth north of 11k; LCD 2.2 and GSX is like a third of the price and is on par

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,295 of 1,464
I sent the West Coast LCD-X to Blubliss today, Monday.  They should arrive tomorrow, Tuesday,

Justin, thank you very much for the opportunity to demo this set of cans.  I really appreciate the opportunities you are providing to this community. 

I liked the sound out of the LCD-X from my Uber Bifrost/Lyr.  I was able to demo the LCD-3 in my home for a couple of weeks about 2 months ago.  From memory, I thought the LCD-3 had more bass presence.  The LCD-X seemed to have more treble.  Acoustic music, specifically guitars really seemed to shine on the LCD-X. 

Comfort-wise, I thought the LCD-X were below average.  Between the LCD 2, 3, and X, I have not found a headband that I would consider comfortable.  They all seem to really dig in to the top of my head.  For reference, the Sennheiser HD700 is the most comfortable headband I've ever worn.  That part, I might be able to live with though.  The part that was the deal breaker for me is that no matter how I adjusted the headphones, the top of my left ear would rub against the inside of the cup.  I don't recall ever having that problem with any other headphones.  It was so bad though that I inspected the angled pads a few times to see if they were possibly installed incorrectly.  I don't think that was the case though. 

In the end the comfort killed it for me, but I had a great time listening to these headphones. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #1,296 of 1,464
I put up a small comparison on the XC thread.  Not that impressed to be honest with you.  Comparing them to my two favorite headphones on the planet..................

Sent the XC out yesterday.

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,299 of 1,464
I un-boxed the LCD-X this morning before work. They are beauties and super comfortable. I must order some new pads for my LCD2 v1.

I have not yet had time to listen to them. Hopefully, I will get home early enough to listen for a bit.

I've set aside some "quality time" with them, this weekend. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #1,302 of 1,464
  All 3 Audeze demos are approaching the last person on the list, if not already on it. If you are there, please PM me for the return address

Thank you again for the ability to demo these fine cans.  It is appreciated.

What is up next on the audition tour? 

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,304 of 1,464
All 3 Audeze demos are approaching the last person on the list, if not already on it. If you are there, please PM me for the return address

I think it's safe to say this round was far and away the best and we handled it much better as a group then the last one. It's a fantastic experience and we all really appreciate the opportunity.

That being said, what's next!!

Thanks,

:evil:

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #1,305 of 1,464
next will be the HiFiMAN HE-400i and HE-560 when available

maybe something else if i think of something...actually, i may have something in mind, but i need to finish the paperwork with the manufacturer. Perhaps some kind of portable music player, just DONT do anything stupid like load your favorite tracks onto it and then not delete them for the next person!

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back