HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Aug 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #858 of 1,464
Quote:

I'm ready for the next person's address.  I love the TH600 but have a MD7000 (which is full Lawton mods and angle pads) that are every bit as good as the TH600 so it's like listening to clones of each other. 

Great headphones - don't read any of this wrong.  Love them and appreciate the opportunity.  Would buy them in a heartbeat as a replacement for my Denon's. 

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #861 of 1,464
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #864 of 1,464
First of all I want to thank Justin for such great opportunity to hear HD700 at home with my own rig and music, I'm not a good writer of extensive stories so will short. My setup uses my tower with terabytes of loseless music of different genres from Jazz to Metal but no Rap, Hip Hop or the like. I use latest version of Foobar2000 with ASIO output to send music using Audioquest Carbon USB cable to Woo Audio WA7 DAC/Amp combo with upgrade Electo Harmonix tubes made in Russia. I use Hi-z setting with HD700 as well as with my beloved and currently for sale HD650. HD700 have great build quality and comfort and I prefer HD700's comfort over HD650 probably because of clamp force. To say most important thing about sound quality I will quote review of the fellow member who heard the same pair of headphones but with different setup. "The immediate thing that jumps out at me, sonically speaking, with this headphone is the amazing level of detail retrieval and 3-D positioning."  But I also want to add that they have wider soundstage and better instrument separation. Plus with my setup they still have that tight, fast, deep, punchy bass HD650 have otherwise I would never start searching for a pair to own which I found thanks again for excellent deal with Justin so for me they definitive upgrade from my beloved HD650 while I still interested to try T1. I also want to add that because of such excellent details retrieval they will show any poorly recorded/mastered recordings.

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #865 of 1,464
Cool cool. 
A pretty good way to review would be more of a methodical (not the word im looking for) approach, like many reviewers do.
Compare treble, mids, bass, impact and extension, soundstage and detail retrieval, comfort, build, etc. I also find it very helpful if I use my previous headphones as a reference. for example headphone A has more bass than headphone B but has a smaller soundstage, blah blah.

In any case, im glad you enjoyed the headphone enough to purchase it, through Justin at that. This is such an amazing opportunity. I feel so blessed to have been apart of it since the beginning 
size]

Thanks again Justin.
Quote:
First of all I want to thank Justin for such great opportunity to hear HD700 at home with my own rig and music, I'm not a good writer of extensive stories so will short. My setup uses my tower with terabytes of loseless music of different genres from Jazz to Metal but no Rap, Hip Hop or the like. I use latest version of Foobar2000 with ASIO output to send music using Audioquest Carbon USB cable to Woo Audio WA7 DAC/Amp combo with upgrade Electo Harmonix tubes made in Russia. I use Hi-z setting with HD700 as well as with my beloved and currently for sale HD650. HD700 have great build quality and comfort and I prefer HD700's comfort over HD650 probably because of clamp force. To say most important thing about sound quality I will quote review of the fellow member who heard the same pair of headphones but with different setup. "The immediate thing that jumps out at me, sonically speaking, with this headphone is the amazing level of detail retrieval and 3-D positioning."  But I also want to add that they have wider soundstage and better instrument separation. Plus with my setup they still have that tight, fast, deep, punchy bass HD650 have otherwise I would never start searching for a pair to own which I found thanks again for excellent deal with Justin so for me they definitive upgrade from my beloved HD650 while I still interested to try T1. I also want to add that because of such excellent details retrieval they will show any poorly recorded/mastered recordings.

Woot, not even halfway through the list or even halfway to me... sad sad.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #866 of 1,464
Quote:
Cool cool. 
A pretty good way to review would be more of a methodical (not the word im looking for) approach, like many reviewers do.
Compare treble, mids, bass, impact and extension, soundstage and detail retrieval, comfort, build, etc. I also find it very helpful if I use my previous headphones as a reference. for example headphone A has more bass than headphone B but has a smaller soundstage, blah blah.

In any case, im glad you enjoyed the headphone enough to purchase it, through Justin at that. This is such an amazing opportunity. I feel so blessed to have been apart of it since the beginning 
size]

Thanks again Justin.

Woot, not even halfway through the list or even halfway to me... sad sad.

Sorry if it wasn't clear but I was comparing them to HD650 and mentioned difference between them to me. I also mentioned about bass because review I quoted said that for him bass on HD700 wasn't  tight and punchy comparing to HD650 while it's not the case for me. I only quoted someone because he said exactly what I want to say

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #867 of 1,464
http://www.head-fi.org/t/631594/fostex-th600-dynamic-headphones/975#post_9694995

So I just spent a week with the TH600, thanks to this wonderful program Justin has set up. 

The above link details my feelings about the Fostex headphone - sorry to see them go but I do take solace in knowing my D7000's are their equal.  Now I just need another pair for my work setup................

Great headphones, comfortable, excellent bass that scales as deep as you want it to go.  Checks all the important boxes to me. 

Thank you Justin! 

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #868 of 1,464
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/631594/fostex-th600-dynamic-headphones/975#post_9694995

So I just spent a week with the TH600, thanks to this wonderful program Justin has set up. 

The above link details my feelings about the Fostex headphone - sorry to see them go but I do take solace in knowing my D7000's are their equal.  Now I just need another pair for my work setup................

Great headphones, comfortable, excellent bass that scales as deep as you want it to go.  Checks all the important boxes to me. 

Thank you Justin! 

I think its time for you to move up to the TH900's which are improved versions of your D7000's and considered by most the best closed cans you can buy. Sell those Edition 8's and D2000's and you're almost there 
biggrin.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #869 of 1,464
Quote:

I think its time for you to move up to the TH900's which are improved versions of your D7000's and considered by most the best closed cans you can buy. Sell those Edition 8's and D2000's and you're almost there 
biggrin.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I've considered that..................but I love the Edition 8's as a portable setup...............and the D2000's are my work office phone..................spending $1500 on ONE phone right now doesn't appeal to me.  Yeah, I could finance it since I have the Pro900, Q40, D7000, Darth Beyer to choose from but still the price vs improvement makes me pause.  I PM'd a few TH900 guys and asked them to rate it over the TH600...............most said for sure better but only maybe 10% or so. 

You are trouble by the way...................spending my money like that!  
wink.gif

I actually envision a time that I do just what you are describing.   Just not now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back