Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 13, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #8,162 of 9,902

Is this the same blue as these amp built in 2014? I have asked for the blue but aksh's amp looks kinda darker blue? Looks more purple too. Might be your photo is a bit dark or Justin's is a bit over exposed? Regardless your amp does look damb good, congratulations. Run it in and then bung some NOS tubes in it, you will be in heaven.

Is this the same blue as these amp built in 2014? I have asked for the blue but aksh's amp looks kinda darker blue? Looks more purple too. Might be your photo is a bit dark or Justin's is a bit over exposed? Regardless your amp does look damb good, congratulations. Run it in and then bung some NOS tubes in it, you will be in heaven.

What piece of equipment is your Lap top sitting on?

May 14, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #8,164 of 9,902
Are there 2-channel component manufacturers that offer products with similar design aesthetic to the BHSE?

I was looking at integrateds from Pass Labs (for the similarities in heatsinking), but they are only available with a silver front panel...

May 14, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #8,165 of 9,902
Wow, could you repeat the quote one more time, please. I didn't get the reference.
biggrin.gif
LOL

Sorry, I should stay off here when I'm Drinking...LOL

May 15, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #8,167 of 9,902
I'm telling you, I find the 009's to be a good match with my BHSE... I find the pairing very revealing with great bottom end, very warm and detailed, Maybe it has to do with the source also, I'm using a Classe Omega Sacd/cd player which is known to be more on the warm side, I am using the stock Tubes also. I do not find the pairing fatiguing at all, I can turn up the volume and it's just smooth sailing.Very Nice....

May 15, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #8,168 of 9,902
  I'm telling you, I find the 009's to be a good match with my BHSE... I find the pairing very revealing with great bottom end, very warm and detailed, Maybe it has to do with the source also, I'm using a Classe Omega Sacd/cd player which is known to be more on the warm side, I am using the stock Tubes also. I do not find the pairing fatiguing at all, I can turn up the volume and it's just smooth sailing.Very Nice....

Interesting. I dug up a Stereophile.com review of your DAC and I spotted this:
It performs up to 8x interpolation "with moderately slow rolloff characteristics." 

Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/content/class233-omega-super-audio-cd-player-page-2#DMFggU8KbfdGWHYJ.99

Might be a smooth sounding player with a controlled treble;e response? I use an Audio Note DAC 4.1 tweaked, and it is tubed and R-2R. Is is transparent but is probably slightly warm as well. IMO the 009 need this to be more to real life. I think the Orpheus is designed like this as well, amazing detail has to come with realism and lack of fatigue, or you may as well stick your head inside a horn speaker and have done with it. There are many many DACS of recent manufacture that are detail freaks and sound 'impressive' / hifi, but not real sounding and can become fatiguing.

May 17, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #8,173 of 9,902
  Serious question....
Should I take a loan out for this amp? 

I've wanted it for years now and want one so badddddd.

What do you guys think?

You kidding, sell your mother in law for t!

Can't you put it on a short term loan, or just use you CC at the last payment?

May 17, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #8,174 of 9,902
  Serious question....
Should I take a loan out for this amp? 

I've wanted it for years now and want one so badddddd.

What do you guys think?

Spend your money how you like. Personally, I'd never consider debt for something so inconsequential, or, uh, obsessive. But some are crazier than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back