Head/Hi-Fi home sickness
Mar 15, 2024 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

funkyfish

New Head-Fier
I am currently away from home for four months and only took my HD650s with a FiiO K3. I thought it would be fine since it's not _that long_, but of course I miss my gear… especially want to use my Denon AH-D9200 and Audeze LCD-2C. Signing up on head-fi.org probably did not really improve the situation 🤣
The good thing is though… For being away for so long I'll treat myself with an ZMF Atrium Open. 😬

Probably sounds crazy for people not into hi-fi, but I am sure I am not the only here feeling that way.

How do you do that when you need to go somewhere for a longer period of time? I mainly did not take the other headphones because of the big cases they came with. Do you have smaller ones for travelling? Do you take multiple headphones with you? Or maybe it's also a good thing and necessary from time to time to really appreciated the gear again…

Mar 15, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 6
I know how you feel I get bummed when my day is to busy and work to much and don't have time to listen.
I'd probably bring my hip dac 3 and S12pro and call it a day if I was on the road so to speak.

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #3 of 6
Im bummed that we can't travel. Immuncocompromised household. So enjoy the portables, its what i take to Air B &B's localish

Mar 15, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 6
I keep a 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 and Apple USB 3.5mm adapter for travel. Portable and no extra batteries to keep charged. Just got the Moondrop Kato again and they really sound great. Might make one of them the travel set.

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 6
I have always with me my Truthear Zero Red with my marvelous Fiio BTR7. But 4 months? Man, I’d bring my headphones with me also. I only have Audeze’s LCD-2C, super chunky.. Maybe it’d be time to buy myself a new pair? :) One of the best portables might be Dan Clark’s Expanse/Stealth, they fold and I believe they come with a carrying case? Maybe one day I’ll upgrade, they seem a very refined object, very technical.. Maybe if I’ll need to stay away from home for long time it’ll be the sparkle to buy them :D

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #6 of 6
I have always with me my Truthear Zero Red with my marvelous Fiio BTR7. But 4 months? Man, I’d bring my headphones with me also. I only have Audeze’s LCD-2C, super chunky.. Maybe it’d be time to buy myself a new pair? :) One of the best portables might be Dan Clark’s Expanse/Stealth, they fold and I believe they come with a carrying case? Maybe one day I’ll upgrade, they seem a very refined object, very technical.. Maybe if I’ll need to stay away from home for long time it’ll be the sparkle to buy them :D
Next time I will definitely take at least one more pair… I'm afraid the tube amp needs to stay home though.

And yes, it's always time for another pair! Maybe you will go on a spontaneous trip :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back