Head-Fi's most prolific collector/buyers.
Oct 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 28
I'm nothing but a fan to these guys/gals. My resources and desire don't hold a shadow to who I'm intending for this thread to shine a light on.

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #19 of 28
I would have to say Lugbug1, hes such an inspiration to all aspiring headfiers. A great man.
biggrin.gif

But seriously, I miss Uncle Eric! where he go?

Although not the most prolific, I've got a lot of respect for Mr Morbidtoaster who I can relate to, as I don't earn much money either, but he has achieved his goal. And he has a good sense of humour and boy do you need it on here!

More on the prolific side, yeah (of course Jude) muppetface and skylab are the boys! Oh, and Mr Camper
wink_face.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #20 of 28
Happy to hear my name! I do what I can and have been very willing to opening to my home fellow Head-fiers who want to come listen or share with me. As a matter of fact I'm working on getting a local guy over here with his gear next week so we can have a listening session. We're both getting in some new stuff next week so I'm looking forward to that.

EDIT: My goal is still a ways off after hearing a better source than my own. And I still have plans for a nice vinyl system to match. :D Head-fi will always get you for more, no matter what level you're at.

I will agree that Uncle Eric was a big one for me and it's very unfortunate that he kind of just dropped off the face of the earth (although he is somewhat active on Reddit last time I checked). 

Quote:
I would have to say Lugbug1, hes such an inspiration to all aspiring headfiers. A great man.
biggrin.gif

But seriously, I miss Uncle Eric! where he go?

Although not the most prolific, I've got a lot of respect for Mr Morbidtoaster who I can relate to, as I don't earn much money either, but he has achieved his goal. And he has a good sense of humour and boy do you need it on here!

More on the prolific side, yeah (of course Jude) muppetface and skylab are the boys! Oh, and Mr Camper
wink_face.gif

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #21 of 28
For me, these folks maynot be the most prolific in purchases but have a wealth of experience.  These guys have guided me from my start until now.  I give BIG PROPS to:

Shahrose

MacedonianHero

Radio_Head

Ti (AMB)

Kevin Gilmore

Justin W.

It's also very nice to have a few Head Fi'ers live close to you.  I happen to have 2 very nice head fi'ers in my area.  Between the three of us, we have shared many opinions, music, gear and just plain old have a good time when we get together.  We visit high end audio stores together with our HE-6s searching for that one great amp. 
wink_face.gif
  I give a BIG SHOUT to my Head Fi parnters:

Happy Camper and SoupRKnowa.

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/u/33649/wertherdvx
Has a pretty serious vintage collection.

Ahhh....Wertherdvx.  I sold him my ATH-A100ti to complete his AT collections many moon ago.  Wonder if he still retains all of his collections.  I heard he was trying to build headphones museum or something.

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #24 of 28
i'm surprised no one has yet mentioned david mahler, especially in light of his recent massive top tier cans rankings thread. and joker with his incredible running ratings of portable cans and iems!

while my collection may not have the focus, value, or depth of some of the gear heads already mentioned, my collection has north of 75 phones currently, and i've sold scores of others. i really do need to thin the herd.....

Quote:
But to the topic, there is a collector in the EU that even Wayne tipped his cap to. I don't remember their name but the HE-90 spread was like a manufacturing shot.

Quote:
That would be wiktor.

i think that would be Wertherdvx, rather than wiktor, although i could be mistaken.

Quote:
I'm nothing but a fan to these guys/gals. My resources and desire don't hold a shadow to who I'm intending for this thread to shine a light on.

i'm not sure they all want that light to be shined on them..... (eg. witness the stripping out of the holdings of some of the aforementioned names from their profiles)

May 20, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #28 of 28
My goodness at that collection ^

My special mentions would be for:

Stax mafia: Kg and spritzer, I got into the Stax game pretty late but did follow the Stax threads before I joined here and honestly didn't think much of Stax back then. Without spritzer's help in the Stax game, most of us would not be as satisfied as we are now and having remembered Chu Moy's old site back in 04 reading through KG's prototype amp's and than having Justin putting those into full perspective of production, the high end amp market would not be where it is now. Learnt a lot from these two as well. As for collection, I would not be surprised if Birgir (spritzer) has the most Stax collectibles on these boards (most of them modded probably).

Purk: I enjoyed reading your old SP amp impressions especially the SDS you purchased off Hankins, as well as other amp recommendations you made.

Uncle Erik: my full respect to you hoping you can visit h-fi again (from reddit). Awesome advice was always given.

Rick: kept the old diy section afloat when everyone else was still talking about there mp3 players. R.I.P.

Skylab and project86 and joker. Many thanks for the reviews. That's all I can say.

Tyll and of course Jude.

Special mentions for most collectible gear in order:

wetherdvx 
wiktor/spritzer
Muppetface (extremely jealous)
David Mahler
nerdling/kertiji (sorry)
and another 2 inactive posters can't remember there names.

Other mentions: Morbidtoaster, you're just awesome and your transition from high end headphones to speakers is something I will be doing soon. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back