Head-Fi'er You'd Most Like to Meet
Jan 16, 2003 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

Audio Redneck

Spaceman Spiff
Who is "The Head-Fi'er You'd Most Like to Meet".

Stuck out here in the wilds of Audio Hell, Arkansas, with a job with no travel outside of the state, I've missed out on the Head-Fi meets (I'm still hoping I can manage a Dallas get together at some point). So I was thinking of which Head-Fi'ers I'd really like to meet. I'm not saying whose "the coolest", but just the person that, if I were in their town, you'd like to hook up with and have a face to face conversation, talk headphone and other hobbies, and shake hands.

My top three and why:

Tuberoller: Rootbeer, Records

Jude: guns and to see if I can figure out why I am Spaceman Spiff.

Meithkiller: taste in musicians & movies, and to see the worlds largest collection of portable audio equipment

PS (Consider this an invitation to lunch, if any of you three are in AR.)

PSS (That offer is open to most Head-Fi'ers that find themselves in AR.)

Jan 16, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 55
I'm a sucker for a good headphone setup. Pretty much anyone with r-10, hp-1, stax omega II's or even just a nice cd player. Heck anyone that would offer me a free meal lol..

Biggie.

Jan 16, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 55
JMT - amp builder, friendly as hell, has always been helpful with my meta and purchase decisions

Vertigo-1 - he's done with his setup, at least it seems that way. i've gotta hear it! and man, look at my sig, all i want is satiety.

Highwaystar, KR..., Kereley, Hirsch... - all own equipment i want, and always respond to my lame questions for advice
tongue.gif

but basically what Biggie said, any headfier, esp if they feed me.

we should have a National meet at next years CES
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2003 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 55
I think I would like to meet Kelly. We have similar ideas on various topics. And, I think I could learn a thing or two from him about audio stuff.

I want to go to DarkAngel's house. He has the best collection of music, and a great system to hear it on.

I would also like to visit with andrzejpw. I always have a hard time remembering that he is so young. He seems much older. I wanna see for myself.

Last but not least is wallijonn. There are a lot of reasons to sit down and chat with him. Mostly unrelated to headphones.

Jan 16, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #8 of 55
yeah, ill agree with Mr PD.

andrzejpw has never seemed his age, i always put him up there with the other Headfi sages

and wally, gerG, others

women on headfi? you gotta be kidding, its only us nerds here
tongue.gif

theres you, jessica, tina, plainsong....is that all?

Jan 16, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by jessica00
*hopes nobody picks me* i hear females are rare here in these parts. :p granted there are other girls here..but eh. only one person here i'd have any interest in meeting.

*picks you* BUHAHAHAHAH... buUUUHAHAHAH... bbbbuuuuUUUHAHAHAHA [/dr evil] n' stuff.

So yeh. Only one person here i've any interest in meetin too. But hey, i'm new, give it time, in a couple months... i'll still only wanna meet the one person
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2003 at 11:24 PM Post #10 of 55
  1. joelongwood - We chat on the phone every few weeks. Always laugh, always talk about headphones and related gear. The only one that I actually talk to that understands this obsession.
  2. jude - As with joelongwood, we talk on the phone a few times. Would like to have those conversations in person.
  3. Tuberoller - Again, occasional telephone conversations. I have the utmost respect for him and his ear for sound.
  4. Kelly - His writing is so articulate, plus he is not afraid to speak his mind.
  5. Tangent - What can I say? Highly intelligent, and very cool.
  6. Apheared - Where are you man?!?!?
  7. rickcr42 - He is just too cool.

Jan 16, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #11 of 55
I'd like to meet markl and kelly at the same time. It might be similar to watching that Miller Lite cat fight commercial. Sennheiser, Sony, Sennheiser, Sony... etc.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

You guys should meet eric343. I only met him briefly when I picked up my amp from him, but talk about being wize for his age! IIRC, he will be turning 16 this month and he knows far more than I will ever know about headphone amps. Headroom should seriously consider hiring him before someone else does.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by jessica00
*hopes nobody picks me* i hear females are rare here in these parts. :p granted there are other girls here..but eh. only one person here i'd have any interest in meeting.

Okay that does it. I now want to meet jessica00.

We could go out for a nice romantic dinner with portable cd players, amps, a couple of headphones, ...................................

my wife and Jessica's friend, or significant other.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 12:11 AM Post #14 of 55
Zanth - him and I are like best buds online.
Tuberoller, kelly, Vertigo-1, tanfenton, and carlo
same reason as grinch's
gloco - because he is one of the chillest people ever
we need to go bar hopping someday
grinch & skippy - my irc peeps

Jan 17, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #15 of 55
JMT and RickG strike me as two of the nicest guys I'd ever meet, so they're certainly on my list. There's more than a few people I've gotten a chance to know through head-fi and I hope they realize I consider them friends, one day I hope to buy them a beer and have a conversation face to face. Lots of cool people here.

/end sappy moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back