Head-Fi Old School Roll Call.........
Nov 29, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #106 of 118
Hmmm, I would love more DarthNut posts...more NickDangerous posts...more Vka, FreetheTree (Johann), among others. Kelly would be fun too, provided he didn't antagonize too much.

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #107 of 118
ooops, missed the call. I'm old school and I'm still here.
eggosmile.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #108 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooops, missed the call. I'm old school and I'm still here.
eggosmile.gif

No problemo - being late for school just makes you appear cooler. Provided you're not sweaty and panting from running...
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #109 of 118
Still around as well. Good to see some old timers around.

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #110 of 118
I guess I qualify...

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #111 of 118
I more than meet daycart1's oldschool requirement, which was 3 years, in case you wizened members had forgotten

However, I am not in league with many of the prior posters; therefore I declare myself midschool

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #112 of 118
Ancient thread resurrected...I am definitely a Head-Fi old schooler, though I tend to lurk much more nowadays instead of participating.

I still wonder what happened to some of the old mainstays of the boards like MacDEF. And as I have said time and time again...I miss apheared.

Remember when Panasonic SL-CT470's were the best sounding portable music source you could buy new? Remember when politics were allowed in the Lounge? Remember when the CMoy was just about the only headphone budget headphone amp around?

Remember head-fi before the iPod? Remember when Ety's were just about the only IEM on the market?

Ah memories...for the record, I used to be called cajunchrist WAAAAAY back in the day.

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #114 of 118
Been a while since the old days. Not much has changed in terms of the discussion topics, but there's way more people now and subsequently, more junk posting. I think Head-Fi hit an ideal equilibrium somewhere between when I first joined and now in terms of posting rates, and right now we're way past it... remember when you used to be able to keep track of most of the discussions going on?

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #115 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Remember when Panasonic SL-CT470's were the best sounding portable music source you could buy new?

I still use Panasonic SL-CT470 for my portable cd player. That was the player HeadRoom picked as the best PCDP at that time. Even though it is little loose when I snap the cd into the player, it still plays and sounds fine to my ears. And I still use my original ER4S that I bought, even after all those years and many more IEMs went through, it is still my favorite IEM.

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #116 of 118
I haven't been around in a while, but I'm lookin' for a comeback.

Only this comeback will be entirely message board discussion related as I have no money to burn a huge hole in my wallet like I once did... which I guess is kind of a good thing!
smile.gif

Anyways, I think I joined around 6 or 7 years ago (+ or -), and have been to 2 or 3 meets. I'm actually excited though to may be re-connect with the many online friends I made oh so long ago.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope to see some of you soon at possibly the next Bay Area meet!

PS>>> Has anyone seen Leeav(sp?). a.k.a neilpeart(sp?) around lately??

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #118 of 118
I'm so new school around here, I just necro'd this thread after joining the other day! :p

You may call me Paktra.... perhaps you've heard of my greatness? ^_^

But that's indubitably doubtable and the target of serious professional deliberation. D_D'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back