head-fi member stole another member's headphone and sold them twice!
Dec 15, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #61 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope for the sake of our fellow head-fi'ers you are being honest. Good luck for all those involved.
plainface.gif

If not, tis' a shame..hopefully this all works out for all..sorry to hear

Dec 15, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #62 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
she said she is going to pay me the money, on dec. 30th or so..

Catwoman in a PM:
"Noch etwas....ich fliege am 21.12 für 2 wochen auf urlaub.
Also schau bitte, dass du es bald überweist, sonst können wir das ganze erst nach dem 6.01.07 machen."

Translation:
I take a holiday from December 21th for two weeks.

Dec 15, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #63 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhnu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a valid tracking number from her and my Headfive is on its way here. I believe she is being honest. I'll reply again in this thread once I've gotten the amp.

... my Headfive is on its way - you don't know that! You don't know whether the package is addressed to you! Maybe you've gotten the same tracking number she sent to me. Maybe ... maybe ... maybe

In Germany we have a saying: "Wer einmal lügt, dem glaubt man nicht mehr!"

Dec 15, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #64 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Catwoman in a PM:
"Noch etwas....ich fliege am 21.12 für 2 wochen auf urlaub.
Also schau bitte, dass du es bald überweist, sonst können wir das ganze erst nach dem 6.01.07 machen."

Translation:
I take a holiday from December 21th for two weeks.

**edit**
To anyone buying/trading on www forums...
I have shipped out headphones before while on vacation, Several hundred miles from home. Just go to a local post office and ship the item. So, just because someone goes on vacation, its not necessarily a legit excuse... IMHO of course.

Its not uncommon for scammers to send fake tracking numbers.

Again good luck to all those involved.

Dec 15, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #65 of 126
supermans tracking number with the sonys is: cc103270588at
tuhnus tracking number with the headfive is: cc103271645at
and cantsleep will get his money like I told him.

if you go to www.post.at put this tracking number in the "Track&Trace" field.

And I apologize for the inconvenience my friend did.

claudia

Dec 15, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #67 of 126
Well, six hours christmas shopping are behind me. My feet, no my whole body needs a rest. After that I will make public more information about the austrian lady and her 'hartbreaking' stories. Must be a follow of the Grimm brothers!

Ice water for my feet, please ...

Dec 15, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #68 of 126
Anybody consider that Catwoman's "alibi" sounds a little too convenient and merely may be a delaying tactic to keep the long arm of the law out of reach?
It was the boyfriend, who apparently had a good enough knowledge of high-end headphones to engineer trades involving phones of comparable value. Didn't she find it just a little alarming when headphones just started arriving at her door for no apparent reason? It certainly took a long enough time for her to make a response here. I'm hoping she sets things right, but her story just doesn't jibe, tracking numbers or not.

Dec 15, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #69 of 126
I can't believe you guys are already trusting her and stuff. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I only believe things if I see evidence. Would you mind providing some evidence to us? thanks

And also it is so ironic.. how CATWOMAN.. the fictional character thief who steals stuff and gets away with it with excuses. This is way too suspicious. I really hope you guys get your stuff and post everything here. And catwoman please show us some more physical evidence. thanks.

Dec 15, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #70 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... my Headfive is on its way - you don't know that! You don't know whether the package is addressed to you! Maybe you've gotten the same tracking number she sent to me. Maybe ... maybe ... maybe

I don't know that, but for now I have chosen to believe I'll get it. If it hasn't arrived before early January, then it will not arrive at all. At least she has had the Headfive four months ago: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...63&postcount=1

Or maybe that post was a part of preparing The Great Christmas Fraud!

Dec 15, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #71 of 126
Still, because catwoman has been exposed, what's the likelihood that anyone will do an exchange/ trade with her?? Let's not be too judgemental if we're not supermansears, cantsleep, or tuhnu. If it really was all her, then wouldn't she be long gone by now? I have no idea if her boyfriend is a made up story, but even if it isn't she's still going to be branded in this forum. So I'm just going to give her the benifit of the doubt that this was a huge mistake and scam on her boyfriend's part that's being rectified.

Dec 15, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #72 of 126
Catwoman stop it with the bs and tell the truth. This story makes no sense at all. What kind of people are you dating that would go behind your back, log into your account (which he somehow was aware of), commit random acts larceny, AND sell some of the stuff on ebay under YOUR account. Give me a break, you took the goods and are giving them back now only because you got tired of swimming in guilt and want to somehow redeem yourself. I have faith in people so I wish I could believe you but there's no chance here at all. Better start apologizing for all the unneeded stress you caused these people

Prove me wrong, I'll be happy

Dec 15, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #73 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still, because catwoman has been exposed, what's the likelihood that anyone will do an exchange/ trade with her?? Let's not be too judgemental if we're not supermansears, cantsleep, or tuhnu. If it really was all her, then wouldn't she be long gone by now? I have no idea if her boyfriend is a made up story, but even if it isn't she's still going to be branded in this forum. So I'm just going to give her the benifit of the doubt that this was a huge mistake and scam on her boyfriend's part that's being rectified.

x2... lets not be too judgemental. Give the member the benefeit of the doubt and let them fix things. Give him/her the chance to live up to his/her promises. (Although I agree there does appear to be some delay tactics at work here, payment sent by 12/30, items appear to have been shipped).

Positive feedback awaits those sellers who are honest. Scammers will be tarred, lynched and maybe even banned as needed.

Dec 15, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #74 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe you guys are already trusting her and stuff. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I only believe things if I see evidence. Would you mind providing some evidence to us? thanks

And also it is so ironic.. how CATWOMAN.. the fictional character thief who steals stuff and gets away with it with excuses. This is way too suspicious. I really hope you guys get your stuff and post everything here. And catwoman please show us some more physical evidence. thanks.

Nobody is defending her nor trusting her, I dont atleast. Stuff does happen though. The thing she is saying IS possible, but it is also possible she is bs:ing us all. Lets see what happens in future. Be it she, or his possible boyfriend, somebodys ass is going to be teared appart, big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back