Head-fi Hobby and Dogs?
Mar 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone else have dogs? Are they ruining your head-fi hobby?

Honestly, I love mine. I have a 2yr old beagle and a 4 month old Boxer/American Bulldog Mix. But.......I feel like I can't really listen to headphones. It just takes my eye off of them which is a problem. They are very high energy breeds and I have to keep them in the crate when I am on using my cans(on the computer). They are both professionally trained and act very well....when you can see them. haha

Anyone else in the same boat? I know dogs aren't the only distraction/preventative. Share any of your preventatives and the way you get around it plz. lol

I just got a bonus which I planned to use to get the hd800, ps1000, and an amp. But I can only listen for an hour two or three times a week. Wth do I do?
biggrin.gif
I'm starting to think that it may be a better option to put a few grand into a nice floorstanding speaker rig.

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 51
yeah i have two high octane border pups, well youths just about
tongue.gif

they area joy, but i have to watch them with my cables etc, as they are notorious chewers
eek.gif

they arent ruining my hobby, but sure do encroach on it a bit, which is fine by me, as i need something real world to do occasionally!!

heh.

mans best friends for sure

and the dogs!

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 51
I live in an apartment(just graduated) so outside isn't an option.
frown.gif

This problem is so serious that I'm looking at a condo with a enclosed backyard. This is horrible. lol I am addicted to this hobby. If I don't get the condo, I think I will be forced to stick with speakers.

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #9 of 51
That does suck number1. If you can get a condo "comfortably" and it has room to put them out to play I would. I forunately have a large yard. So mine are outside during the day.

iriverdude: that avatar cracks me up man. oh..monkeys > squirrels

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 51
Here is my dog:

IMG_9402.jpg

As you can see, he loves his little clip, but didn't like his Sennheiser earbud's soundstage and fit.

But anyway, my dog is quiet good. He can be a bit hyperactive at times, but settles down quickly and doesn't is quiet lazy overall. He doesn't bark at most things as well, which is nice. In fact, none of my neighbors knew i had a dog till they saw me walking him.

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #11 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cats > Dogs

x2

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #12 of 51
I can't play my speakers at the volume I like and the sub is a no-no. That's why I got into hps. It don't hurt the dogs to be crated, especially if they can see you. Dogs with too much freedom don't know what to do with themselves. Pack animals need leadership (discipline), exercise and routine.

After work, mine get out to potty break and fed at six. A brisk walk or hard play about eight gets the potty activity done. I get a couple hours in, dog potty break at 10pm and the rest of the night is mine.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't play my speakers at the volume I like and the sub is a no-no. That's why I got into hps. It don't hurt the dogs to be crated, especially if they can see you. Dogs with too much freedom don't know what to do with themselves. Pack animals need leadership (discipline), exercise and routine.

After work, mine get out to potty break and fed at six. A brisk walk or hard play about eight gets the potty activity done. I get a couple hours in, dog potty break at 10pm and the rest of the night is mine.

That is encouraging. I just feel selfish when I put them in it so that I can put on the cans. lol

They are in it right now as I listen to the 325i's. When I had the baby orpheus, I felt like I wasn't listening to it enough to justify the price.

Here is my routine: Get home at 5:30. Walk them for 30 minutes. Feed them. Let them play for two hours. Then I want my time. lol

I don't know, I need more opinions. I feel like it's not fair to have them in the crate at night, when they are in it while I'm at work. My Beagle is old enough to be out while I'm at work, but the Boxer is just too new to things.
biggrin.gif
She'd probably eat EVERYTHING while I was at work. I have to wait until she's at least a year old.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #14 of 51
you see, all the above reasons is why I like cats more (less high maintenance is one big point, as well as cleanliness)

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #15 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't play my speakers at the volume I like and the sub is a no-no. That's why I got into hps.

This is my problem with speakers. People in apartments HATE when others play music reasonably loud, which I guess I can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back