Head-Fi has gone sponsor crazy!
Nov 21, 2004 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
Wow. I remember when it was just HeadRoom and Meier Audio. I was a sponsor for awhile, too.

Now we've even got a headphone company (!) sponsoring Head-Fi.

Combined with the contributing members program... Jude may be able to afford to eat something besides top ramen every once in awhile
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Wow. I remember when it was just HeadRoom and Meier Audio. I was a sponsor for awhile, too.

Now we've even got a headphone company (!) sponsoring Head-Fi.

It really makes sense if you think about it. If you were the Esoteric Fizzwidget Corporation and there was an esoteric fizzwidget enthusiasts forum on the internet, you'd probably want to sponsor or advertise at the place, since you're going straight to your (relatively small) pool of potential customers. I think it's a great deal for everyone involved
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 19
It is good to see these companies wising up and appreciating all the cool buzz around here!
cool.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 10:20 AM Post #6 of 19
now all we need is the headfi logo on a nascar vehicle ..... MOVE OVER TIDE!!!

Nov 21, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099
now all we need is the headfi logo on a nascar vehicle ..... MOVE OVER TIDE!!!

That would be pretty funny to see a Jeff Gordon car with a head-fi logo on it...
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 19
I think it's nothing but good IMHO...it will be nice when this place isn't sustained merely by the goodwill of the admin.
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
I think it's nothing but good IMHO...it will be nice when this place isn't sustained merely by the goodwill of the admin.
biggrin.gif

I am also happy to see all the new sponsors. There seems to be a big influx right now, I'm not shure why it's all at once.

Nov 22, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 19
There are at least 350 owners of Shure headphones here (members of Head-Fi). I guess the number is closer to 500-700. That explains a lot.

Also there are at least 2000 owners of various Sennheiser headphones here, 1500 Grado hps, 1500 Sony hps, 1000 Koss hps, 500 Etymotic hps, 300 Stax hps. I've got the figures doing a search by Search Member function. Some people don't write their rig and others don't write the brand (f.e. Sennheiser) and only write the model number (f.e. HD600). Take it in mind.

Probably we are not a big market for Senns, Koss and Sonys. We are an interesting but not critical market for Grado. And we are definately a major part of Ety's and Stax's sales.

Nov 22, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorg
Probably we are not a big market for Senns, Koss and Sonys. We are an interesting but not critical market for Grado. And we are definately a major part of Ety's and Stax's sales.

Time to use our market leaverage
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 23, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Stax Mafia ... ASSEMBLE!

that reminds me of the old cartoons, where a bunch of robots come together and form..... a bigger robot... I can imagine a bunch of headphones being pieced together to form a bigger headphone...

Nov 23, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by hongda
that reminds me of the old cartoons, where a bunch of robots come together and form..... a bigger robot... I can imagine a bunch of headphones being pieced together to form a bigger headphone...

You mean The Mighty Staxtron?

soundwave.jpg
attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back