Head-Fi Folding@Home: Join the team!
Jul 10, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #31 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
Few questions--I want to run the screen saver version, but I accidentally passed configuration, and cannot find settings to change my team and username. How?

You might try going to the display settings and if IIRC, Windows places a configuration or setup button next to the screen saver list box. If so, that may contain what you need to enter in a team number and username.

Jul 10, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #32 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
ARGH!!!! Sorry guys, I had laptop issues earlier today and lost the WU I was working on... It's running a new one though...

I`ve had that happen, and it was a big one also.

Jul 10, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #34 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Annoying to say the least... I lost a day worth of work on that WU!

I thought it saved your progress every so often so you wouldn't lose it?? Oh well anyways my lil P4 1.9 has been going strong for a few days now. Thanks to the people responsible for starting this, this is my first time with f@h and I'm really enjoying it (just wish I had some serious hardware now).

Jul 10, 2004 at 2:51 PM Post #35 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by carterondrums
I thought it saved your progress every so often so you wouldn't lose it?? Oh well anyways my lil P4 1.9 has been going strong for a few days now. Thanks to the people responsible for starting this, this is my first time with f@h and I'm really enjoying it (just wish I had some serious hardware now).

Yeah, it does, like I said, I was having issues...
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #36 of 384
It saves every 30 mins ( unless you change that in the settings ). But if your computer freezes/ crashes, you might lose everything you did.

Jul 11, 2004 at 8:05 AM Post #37 of 384
Chug Chug Chuging with a 3200+ currently will be up unless I need to game or do something important (I doubt it)

needless to say the rig is on 24/7

mmmm more reason to watercool the rig

biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #38 of 384
Also notice you can configure it to use less cpu if you are having stability or heat issues, currently at a constant 50c at 100% so it's doable over here. Dunno about everyone elses processors or cooling setup

Jul 11, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #39 of 384
Today the temperatures outside climbed to 94, and my house has no air conditioning, but my CPU is staying at 56 degrees and the machine has been up for 1 day and 18 hours (I normally shut down at night and when I'm not home) with F@H running all the time. This is becoming quite a torture test for this machine, that's for sure.

Jul 12, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #41 of 384
EDIT: just ignore that
rolleyes.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #43 of 384
I'm still looking for someone to compete with in WU output.
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #44 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
biggrin.gif

Trust me, if I had the money to put together the systems it would take to stomp all over you, I would...
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #45 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
biggrin.gif

I`m sorry we cannot provide any competition but i would like to thank you for being the backbone of this team.

Edit: This might not be much but we hit top 3,000 with 8,300 points.
Besure to visit http://headfifolding.donovansmith.us/ for updates on how we are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back