Head-fi demographic survey: audiophile experience
Oct 25, 2007 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Sarchi

500+ Head-Fier
I still consider myself 'new' here and trying to understand the mindset of the gazillion members. Maybe this will help. (or not)

Please take a second and vote for the choice that best describes your experience.

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 47
'headphile' here.

answered "Longtime headphile (10+), marginal or no interest in speaker-fi"

always been buying the expensive portable kit to appease my critical ear.

its the best addiction a man can have!

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 47
I have been into headphones about 7 years and I've never had any interest in speakers (due to space and financial constraints). But why did I have to vote recent? I guess if you're 50+, 10 years is recent, but I think your survey would be better served with "recent" being around 3-5 years
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathriel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been into headphones about 7 years and I've never had any interest in speakers (due to space and financial constraints). But why did I have to vote recent? I guess if you're 50+, 10 years is recent, but I think your survey would be better served with "recent" being around 3-5 years
frown.gif

I think either #5 or #6 would be your choice, but it's up to you.
confused.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 47
I've been on head-fi since DEC 04 so almost 3 years now. I consider myself a headphile since two years ago when I got a better amp and really started to get more involved in headphones. I've been a speakerphile for about 8 years since my father got his speaker rig complete(over 20K alltogether).

So I don't consider myself a recent headphile nor a 10+ speakerphile. I voted other...

Oct 25, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 47
I first joined head-fi thinking it was a site dedicated to toilets. The music thing was just a coincidence.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #9 of 47
Influenced by my dad's audiophilic taste for speakers. Always grew up with them. Then I had to go to college, and here I am with headphones.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #10 of 47
I've kind of given up on headphones. My speakers now sound so much better than any of the pairs I've owned. Plus they just seem more enjoyable. I still wouldn't mind getting a better pair of full size headphones and a decent amp, but that isn't really a big priority right now.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 47
Car audio 11 years gave it up due to too many people creating a bad rap (boomin' all hours of the night thru residential sections)
Then started getting into:
Home Audio 8 years
Headphones since joined here

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #12 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I first joined head-fi thinking it was a site dedicated to toilets. The music thing was just a coincidence.

Hey man, if you're still looking, the toilet forum can be found here.

I've been into hi-fi (headphones and speakers) for almost eight years now, but I have to say that I enjoy a good stereo setup more than a headphone rig.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by yage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey man, if you're still looking, the toilet forum can be found here.

Oh, those are niice.

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #15 of 47
Let's see; recient here. Been into headphones a bit over a year and a half now.

Bought my first serious home system before most folks active on this board were even born.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back