Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 16, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #9,932 of 12,597
Not subbed to HBB on YouTube? He did a review of it.

I'll go find his review of it. I have no youtube subscriptions and never watch youtubes 
redface.gif
  I always watched the videos he embedded here though.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #9,933 of 12,597
I'll go find his review of it. I have no youtube subscriptions and never watch youtubes :xf_eek:   I always watched the videos he embedded here though.

You've blown my mind :O. I can understand social media, I've no accounts there either. But YouTube should appeal to just about everyone's deepest, darkest interests. There's something for everyone there.

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #9,935 of 12,597
I have to watch your dacamp video... But I did buy it a few hours ago. I really don't know why as I haven't been stacking much since my Cowon P1 purchase and have less reason since I bought the Cowon S this week too.

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #9,937 of 12,597
@Hawaiibadboy You ever get the frequencies boosted from RHA? Half way through your review...Unreal they didn't know that. Very important info and very disappointing. I'm a bit shocked actually. I really thought they had their crap together...

No, it gets worse..

Brooko posted graphs in the RHA tour thread (not his job and FiiO has been posting graphs for YEARS)  but the tech that was gonna mail me almost 2 weeks ago never did.
The discount for reviewing was attempted today and the coupon code was rejected.
This is no joke

When the gear was in distress because Japan shipping rules with battery laden items are tightening they were in contact daily multiple times. A courtesy mail after i sent the pic of the ship and track # was sent no reply and my coupon code being rejected? No reply. the vid got more thumbs down than any vid ever. That's amazing for a new vid. That is a buncha psychophants  i was checking my coupon to see if it worked and it did not. I'll never own the item discount or not.

1. They never replied with tech info for 2 weeks and counting that's amazing.
  2. They were quite responsive when they thought their gear was hostage or something and not at any other time
  3. They provided instructions on where and how to use a coupon code and the where was not correct nor was the how...code
  4. My review of the ceramics being scooped and treble odd were 100% reflected in Brooko's graphs

If Cayin or FiiO make an item like it I will bite but i cannot rec an item that has no tech guys and takes reviews personally.

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #9,938 of 12,597
   No, it gets worse..

Brooko posted graphs in the RHA tour thread (not his job and FiiO has been posting graphs for YEARS)  but the tech that was gonna mail me almost 2 weeks ago never did.
The discount for reviewing was attempted today and the coupon code was rejected.
This is no joke

When the gear was in distress because Japan shipping rules with battery laden items are tightening they were in contact daily multiple times. A courtesy mail after i sent the pic of the ship and track # was sent no reply and my coupon code being rejected? No reply. the vid got more thumbs down than any vid ever. That's amazing for a new vid. That is a buncha psychophants  i was checking my coupon to see if it worked and it did not. I'll never own the item discount or not.

1. They never replied with tech info for 2 weeks and counting that's amazing.
  2. They were quite responsive when they thought their gear was hostage or something and not at any other time
  3. They provided instructions on where and how to use a coupon code and the where was not correct nor was the how...code
  4. My review of the ceramics being scooped and treble odd were 100% reflected in Brooko's graphs

If Cayin or FiiO make an item like it I will bite but i cannot rec an item that has no tech guys and takes reviews personally.

This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start. I mean what kind of headphone company doesn't measure their own stuff???

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #9,939 of 12,597
  This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start. I mean what kind of headphone company doesn't measure their own stuff???

Some, 1..I dunno?

Let's not harp on it and hurt the thread. Maybe it's just my attitude that results in this stuff though the spec for bass and treble is on them and the FAIL coupon code.

Otherwise I gotta go zip lip and hope Cayin or someone copies the concept and throws in good customer/user interaction.

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #9,940 of 12,597
@Hawaiibadboy

I've been wanting to ask for a while - now that you've had some time with the PETEREK XB90EX, would you mind commenting on if the sound is different than old flat cable XB90EX? I'm waiting to get better at braiding cable before I crack my first XB90's open.

Even if it's purely cosmetic I still plan to re-cable mine one day.

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #9,941 of 12,597
  @Hawaiibadboy

I've been wanting to ask for a while - now that you've had some time with the PETEREK XB90EX, would you mind commenting on if the sound is different than old flat cable XB90EX? I'm waiting to get better at braiding cable before I crack my first XB90's open.

Even if it's purely cosmetic I still plan to re-cable mine one day.

It sounds better and that is all in my mind.
biggrin.gif
I don't think it's imaginary but i cannot prove otherwise so crack open with caution or better just not bust them open until your skills are good enough to ensure no technical fail .

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #9,945 of 12,597
@Hawaiibadboy  Thank you for uploading the brief review on TFZ Series 5S.  I used to have Series 5 but I mistakenly blew it off a couple of months ago. Since then, I miss it. After watching your review, I am keen to get updated version 5S.  Do you know where I can get it at $70? I cannot find it at that price somehow. Thank you~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back