Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 13, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #9,916 of 12,597
A track I find very musical with different types of deeeep hitting bass. Alot of people probably won't like this song I imagine but if you do, it will be pretty addictive...

Milk marie - rich homie quan

Go through his songs, he seems to love mixing his tunes with deep hitting bass lines

Apologies if its already been said.

Im currently listening with mojo, being connected to cayin c5 bass boost with trinity pm4 silver dampened filter in bit perfect via tidal hifi. This combo without EQ goes hard and deep. No doubt the eq kings with asg's etc will get them deep bass lines surging through their entire head...

Nice combo!

great dac with the king of budget bass amps.

Time to root that phone and get viper4android!

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #9,918 of 12,597
If anyone is looking for a cheap amp for bass IEMs.... I can recommend the cheapo $30 Walnut V2 which has an amp mode.
You are gonna need a decent source and your own EQ know how to get it slammin but at 16 Volts it has the juice 

You won't find me talking about it in the extreme bass headphones thread because while it sounded great with my SZ2000, the paper test did nothing. It got my SZ2000 to uncomfortable levels of bass with great results so I was a little surprised and disappointed I didn't get to make a video.... but with the XB90EX it's easy to say that people on a serious budget who need an amp could give it some thought. But like i said.... EQ know how needed.

used it with my FiiO E18 line out and V10. it is notably better than what the E18 is capable of by itself, even with bass boost on, but it is not going to rattle any paper..... fine for IEM use IMO.

They kick butt with the XB90EX and I am sure they could do good things for the 7550 too. I listened to a full Bass Mekanik album with XB90EX just now and I have two big thumbs up. 

At $30 there is really no warranty to expect on it though.

Thanks for the recommendation there. Budget options are always welcome in this expensive land. I'LL never forget how impressed I was with the Fiio D03k as an optical to analog converter. No better way to get a clean signal from a far.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #9,920 of 12,597
how do I root a phone? What benefits does V4A give that I cant get with UAPP? Cheers guys

This only apply if your using an Android phone.  Basically unlocking the phone so you can get into the android system and do as you please.  Its like jailbreaking a iphone.

Some apps like v4a needs the phone to be rooted since its a global application.  Which means whatever you change on v4a will affect all the sound coming out of your phone.

That is also the benefit of v4a.  Its a DSP for your entire phone.  You can basically eq whatever app you use, like all the streaming services.

UAPP is ok, the eq is not the best.  Do yourself a favor and go get Neutron, hands down the best eq out there for music players.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #9,921 of 12,597
This only apply if your using an Android phone.  Basically unlocking the phone so you can get into the android system and do as you please.  Its like jailbreaking a iphone.

Some apps like v4a needs the phone to be rooted since its a global application.  Which means whatever you change on v4a will affect all the sound coming out of your phone.

That is also the benefit of v4a.  Its a DSP for your entire phone.  You can basically eq whatever app you use, like all the streaming services.

UAPP is ok, the eq is not the best.  Do yourself a favor and go get Neutron, hands down the best eq out there for music players.
ahhh right, that's the love for v4a. Does neutron stream tidal bud? 4 days for the delivery, works do in the city tomorrow night, stroll on!!!...

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #9,926 of 12,597
I'm hoping so. I like its form factor. With separate bass and treble knobs, this could be on the money.

Well only one way to find out. If it can push some paper then that is cool. I do love my itty bitty Walnut as an amp and it did awesome things for my XB90EX but yeah that thing can't make the SZ push paper and I tried 3 different times.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #9,929 of 12,597
Hi people, my IEM's died on me today and Im going travelling in a couple weeks so can someone please recommend some cheap IEM's (~£20) that have decent bass but not too much so that stuff like Pink Floyd will still sound decent. I have over ear headphones (VMODA M100's) that will be my main companion but some cheap IEM's are in need. 

Thanks! 

EDIT: Will just be driven from a LG G3 and a iPhone 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back