Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 16, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #1,546 of 12,597
The FXT are marketed as High-Speed...
top_image_01.jpg

My FXT box says nothing about bass on it. JVC site only talks about thick sound and high resolution not bass like they do with the FXZ

"The sound, such as bass drum and bass, play real deep bass sound that a profound and presence." for the FXZ

and

"It is equipped with a newly developed "Hi-SPEED twin system unit" to be able to enjoy a high-density high-resolution sound from low frequency to high frequency" for the FXT

The FXT are not quite for bassheads and are not marketed for it. Some schmo making a page on Amazon that says massive bass isn't the actual marketing. I can and have made product pages on Amazon and sellers try to cater to the market audience sometimes over total accuracy to get sales.

Possibly the FXT200LTD which has the most bass may be okay esp. if you EQ but true bassheads should look elsewhere unless you want a quicker shorter decay and a more speedy agile bass with detail.

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,548 of 12,597
... or massive bass compared to an ETY!

Anyhow, the new Radius are getting props for being a powerful bass phone with quality...

J0000016442.jpg

Might be checked out esp. since there are a higher and lower model, the HP-NHR11 and the HP-NHR21.

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,549 of 12,597
JVC has no clue. The co creator of the SZ , a Mr Miura was asked if the SZ were made for lovers of bass and he said no despite having just described a perfect set of cans for bassheads which led to that question:blink:

I'm a big JVC fan but it's not because of what they try to do it's because they are accidental Einsteins.....sometimes.

I love JVC because they're a big company that is unafraid to be bold. The Kelton method series, single dynamic woodies in the age of Balanced Armature, wood-mounted headphones. They're crazy, and I love it.

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #1,551 of 12,597
IDK about the new fxt's but the fxt-90 doesn't have a ton of bass feeling (very "quick" or punchy, not a lot of low-end rumble) - great headphone, though, fully deserving of its rep.- basically singlehandedly responsible for sending me on my idiotic inear buying spree, and, for me at least, pretty much the baseline at which point the law of diminishing returns kicks in like a mofo.

Anyway, I'm also a sucker for novel tech even if it's ultimately meaningless to what I hear, and JVC seem pretty cool about that stuff (hey, why not dual carbon-nanotube microdrivers!), as well as offering pretty great price/performance in everything from fx101 to fx850, if you dig their sound... Hope I get to try the famed SZ full sizes at some point.

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #1,552 of 12,597
I love JVC because they're a big company that is unafraid to be bold. The Kelton method series, single dynamic woodies in the age of Balanced Armature, wood-mounted headphones. They're crazy, and I love it.

You forgot about their tip mounted 5.8mm micro dd units like the FXD80 or the new FXH series. I have the FXH30 and it is amazing. Not basshead by any means, but damn good none-the-less. The old FRD60 could be eq'd into or near basshead territory. Those little 5.8mm drivers are impressive.

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #1,553 of 12,597
tip-mounted, does that mean the driver is inside the nozzle? think I've only ever seen that with BA drivers, interesting.

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #1,554 of 12,597
tip-mounted, does that mean the driver is inside the nozzle? think I've only ever seen that with BA drivers, interesting.

Yup. Makes for a really good soundstage. Don't know how they manage to pull off such a full and open sound from something so tiny. As far as I know, JVC are the only ones still making iems like that. Well, JVC and Remax. I've seen a couple other examples but they seem to be rebrands of older stuff.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #1,557 of 12,597
  The FXT are marketed as High-Speed...
top_image_01.jpg

My FXT box says nothing about bass on it. JVC site only talks about thick sound and high resolution not bass like they do with the FXZ

"The sound, such as bass drum and bass, play real deep bass sound that a profound and presence." for the FXZ

and

"It is equipped with a newly developed "Hi-SPEED twin system unit" to be able to enjoy a high-density high-resolution sound from low frequency to high frequency" for the FXT

The FXT are not quite for bassheads and are not marketed for it. Some schmo making a page on Amazon that says massive bass isn't the actual marketing. I can and have made product pages on Amazon and sellers try to cater to the market audience sometimes over total accuracy to get sales.

Possibly the FXT200LTD which has the most bass may be okay esp. if you EQ but true bassheads should look elsewhere unless you want a quicker shorter decay and a more speedy agile bass with detail.

Fair enough. Glad to get impressions from some owners. :D

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #1,558 of 12,597

Lets Go Audio is one of the biggest and respected stores in Hong Kong. Yes many fakes in the worls. They make it in China and sell it to people with money. The store is clearing out most of their older model IEMs in this case they had one demo unit H3 going for 60 Dollars and two open box H3 going for 100. My buddy has a H3 and his box looks like mine and If it is fake it sounds pretty good.My Z5 and A3 are better but I do like the sound stage and the boomy powerful bass on the H3.

As far as I am aware, Lets Go Audio is not an authorised dealer or reseller for Sony IEMs. The respected stores here in Hong Kong are probably shops like Fortress. ​

Sony logo is also not indicated in their official website.

If they didn't get their stocks from Sony HK, and if they are selling at this ridiculously low price, it is 99.99% fakes stocks from Shenzhen or Guangzhou. Unfortunately, we have too many fakes floating around in Hong Kong.

Thus, your Sony XBA-H3 and probably other Sony products bought there are likely high-grade fakes.

If you like what you hear, that is fine. Some fakes do produce decent sound. Anyway, it is just $100. Good price to take the risk.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,559 of 12,597
Good thoughts but Fortress is a joke. That mall shop sells cheap audio products, cell phones, TVs, Toasters and washing machines. Lets Go Audio sales AK, SONY amps, Sony Z5, Aurisonics and Cowons. BTW I went to DMA Audio and I brought the H3 and showed it to Anson the manager who agreed its real. You must be an ad for Fortress because Fortress is not considered an audio shop.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #1,560 of 12,597
Good thoughts but Fortress is a joke. That mall shop sells cheap audio products, cell phones, TVs, Toasters and washing machines. Lets Go Audio sales AK, SONY amps, Sony Z5, Aurisonics and Cowons. BTW I went to DMA Audio and I brought the H3 and showed it to Anson the manager who agreed its real. You must be an ad for Fortress because Fortress is not considered an audio shop.

Might want to report him. Signed up today to post something negative about a particular shop in a thread. It isn't a standard introductory post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back