Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jun 16, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #995 of 12,597
Until I get my Aurisonics back, I'm stuck using some of my lower end IEM's.

Right now, I'm listening to my old Atrio MG7's, using the Cayin C5 amp, and they've NEVER had this level of bass.  Not even out of my original X3.  There's an actual vibration, clarity, and deep bass out of these, using low gain on the amp, and bass on.  It's amazing.  The amp has breathed new life into these IEM's.  I originally purchased them, because they were the recommended basshead IEM of the time, like 2 years ago.  I haven't experienced this kind of bass from them before.  Now, I'm regretting sending in my Aurisonics.  I don't think there was anything wrong with them, they were just underpowered.  If Aurisonics finds something, then great, but I feel I wasted $33CAD sending them in for warranty work.  And I'm stoked to get them back.  If this amp can breathe this kind of life into 2 year old IEM's, I can't wait to see what it'll do for some serious high end IEM's.

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #997 of 12,597

Right now, I'm listening to my old Atrio MG7's, using the Cayin C5 amp, and they've NEVER had this level of bass.  Not even out of my original X3.  There's an actual vibration, clarity, and deep bass out of these, using low gain on the amp, and bass on.  It's amazing.  The amp has breathed new life into these IEM's.  I originally purchased them, because they were the recommended basshead IEM of the time, like 2 years ago.  I haven't experienced this kind of bass from them before.  Now, I'm regretting sending in my Aurisonics.  I don't think there was anything wrong with them, they were just underpowered.  If Aurisonics finds something, then great, but I feel I wasted $33CAD sending them in for warranty work.  And I'm stoked to get them back.  If this amp can breathe this kind of life into 2 year old IEM's, I can't wait to see what it'll do for some serious high end IEM's.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying MG7 bass with C5.. I always wanted to by one and saw your post couple of days ago that you are willing to sell them and the bass is not that great. Actually, I was going to ask you , but got sidetracked .. Now I bet you wont sell them.. .. No problem , enjoy the bass ..  
gs1000.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #999 of 12,597

I do the vids because they don't lie, over state or embelish.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #1,000 of 12,597
ZMan2k2-I don't think you wasted your money... There is never a time when the g2 aren't loaded with bass... Unless you had the ports closed?

If I turn the ports down on my ASG-2 I can get them sounding rather neutral even borderline clinical, including the mids. Not sure if it's because mine are slightly modified. What I've found is the ports not only add bass, also warmth and thickness across the mids. Like it actually shifts the mid-range tonality bringing the ports up to suitable levels is a must. Quite handy, with a tip and port adjustment I can alter thier sound quite dramatically.

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #1,001 of 12,597
If I turn the ports down on my ASG-2 I can get them sounding rather neutral even borderline clinical, including the mids. Not sure if it's because mine are slightly modified. What I've found is the ports not only add bass, also warmth and thickness across the mids. Like it actually shifts the mid-range tonality bringing the ports up to suitable levels is a must. Quite handy, with a tip and port adjustment I can alter thier sound quite dramatically.

So when you turned the port up, the bass increase, and it also make the Mids sound more forward?

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,002 of 12,597
ZMan2k2-I don't think you wasted your money... There is never a time when the g2 aren't loaded with bass... Unless you had the ports closed?

Thanks. I had the ports wide open, but couldn't get the "basshead" feeling out of the X3ii with the bass EQ turned up to +6, gain set to high, and volume at 115/120. Then there was some bass shake. Maybe there was something wrong with them, I don't know, I hope they come back soon though.

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #1,004 of 12,597
Thanks. I had the ports wide open, but couldn't get the "basshead" feeling out of the X3ii with the bass EQ turned up to +6, gain set to high, and volume at 115/120. Then there was some bass shake. Maybe there was something wrong with them, I don't know, I hope they come back soon though.

Did you have to call them before you send them your 2.5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back