Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 9, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #49 of 12,597

Most probably yes.

Reviews citing not much bass...any reports on these? Bass report
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #51 of 12,597
Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS have great bass, is tight and faster than rha ma 750 wich is realy nice, it digs deep and recover fast, is big but detailed bass at the same time, driver size is 13.5mm, they have big soundstage and the treble is forward, for 100 bucks they are great.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #52 of 12,597
Was there a price limit? Anybody mention the EarSonics Velvet yet? They're 'lower' top tier I guess at $700.. But they are a basshead's dream. They've been compared with the SE846 at least 4-5 times by people on the Velvet thread that (had) owned both and preferred the Velvets. The Velvet doesn't only have great bass, it's incredibly full sound makes it exceptional for bassy genres like rock, hip hop and EDM. It costs a bit, but you definitely hear your money's worth.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #53 of 12,597
  Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS have great bass, is tight and faster than rha ma 750 wich is realy nice, it digs deep and recover fast, is big but detailed bass at the same time, driver size is 13.5mm, they have big soundstage and the treble is forward, for 100 bucks they are great.

I'm guessing the Audio Technica ATH-CKS1000 hits harder than the ATH-CKX9iS if their advertising is real, but I'd be interested in comparing them.

Also, after messing more with EQ, the HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 actually have more visceral bass than the Audio Technica ATH-CKS1000. The ATH sound a little better and the Wooduo 2 have some quality issues (I need to send mine in to exchange because pressing in on the left ear makes them distort terribly), but if we're being completely objective, the Wooduo 2 should top my list for bass impact.

Like HawaiiBadBoy's over-ear list, it's not about texture or clarity or anything subjective, it's about what shakes the most and makes you feel the bass.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #54 of 12,597
ATH-CKX9iS is not exactly basshead in ears, they have bigger than neutral bass without eq or bass boost, BUT if you eq them or use bass boost with fiio e11 for example, they have no fear from the juice, they can blow your head with massive and tight bass, easy.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #55 of 12,597
Earsonics Velvet.  They have amazing, jaw-dropping bass. The bass is strong, thunderous yet very very high quality and tight. Velvets have three modes, warm (overwhelming bass), balanced (lots of bass), tight (I haven't tried this mode but it's supposed to be more neutral).

I have used Velvets at warm mode first for a week because I love bass. However, soon I understood it was too much bass for me. I do love bass and I listen to lots of trance, house but while strong bass is needed for these genres, bass shouldn't overpower mids and treble. At this mode it did. I think this mode is only good for die-hard bassheads and hiphop/dubstep/drum 'n bass lovers. Balanced mode is not really balanced because bass is still strong. It just doesn't overpower other frequencies and works with most genres if you like bass. I believe tight mode would be better for classical but I haven't tried it because I don't like strong treble.

Against SE846? Let's just say Velvets kick SE846s' ass in every way imaginable. In terms of bass, surely. But also musicality, excitement, sound quality is far superior to SE846s. Same goes against IE800. Velvets are much better for those looking for a fun sound.

Ps: I had SE846 and IE800 before. I found SE846 boring and IE800 lean sounding and soulless.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #56 of 12,597
Sorry guys i am new here ,i have a low budget like $50 or something. Can anyone recommended me some in-ear's.I have tried Sony xb-30-ex but i lost them so planing to buy new one.Thank you.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #57 of 12,597
  Sorry guys i am new here ,i have a low budget like $50 or something. Can anyone recommended me some in-ear's.I have tried Sony xb-30-ex but i lost them so planing to buy new one.Thank you.
biggrin.gif

If you're looking for bassy in-ears for under $50, the NarMoo S1 is very good. I still use them sometimes despite having much more expensive headphones.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #59 of 12,597
biggrin.gif

I think you would like Sennheiser CX 3.00 at this price. It's a bit bass heavy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-3-00-In-Ear-canal-Headphones-Black/dp/B00MEI9Z34

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #60 of 12,597
Guys I am thinking of buying this one Sony MDR-XB50AP. They are under budget and have good bass. But did anyone used them?

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00K4AKI3A/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1428614967&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Sony+xb&dpPl=1&dpID=315elglGWxL&ref=plSrch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back