Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 30, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #5,416 of 12,597
How's the bass compared with XB90Ex and ASG 2.5?

Quote:

Saw HiFiman's review (9:52)...he and everyone else outsde Japan got the non litz cable.

The sound is just amazing. I'm a Sony boy. xb90 then 800st and now this?.....Sony 2011-2013..dominating mu life!!

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #5,420 of 12,597

Glad I'm not the only one I was thinking it's probably a high-end audiophile tool that I've never seen before
biggrin.gif

ok so wrap first but start at the iem end leaving 3 finger lengths.  then put the plug in the cup, then put the iems on the space above the cup?  I will try this thank you

I'm worried i'm making this more confusing but let me know if this helps?
I realized i wrote my instructions backwards before.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #5,421 of 12,597
I'm worried i'm making this more confusing but let me know if this helps?
I realized i wrote my instructions backwards before.

Throw that case and just use this. Cost nothing, can step on it and easy to put iems into.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #5,422 of 12,597

More bass than the ex90 and that is un taped.
There are 2 versions of the ex1000 One is Nude -EX (the one I have released in 2010) and one released from 2011-discontinued. These are not the ones reviewed in English videos. The sub bass is substantial.

I ask that the poster remain anonymous....but I sold off a very expensive set at 35% original value and waaaay below resale because this item had 2 hours left on an auction and it is the one...not an ex1000 but the EX1000. I stopped collecting IEM cuz I feel like a geek but I wanted this rare gem and the other poster got a deal so i could make my deal.

Thank you to him and I am stoked. Pairs with the Mojo like magic

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #5,424 of 12,597
Mar 31, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #5,426 of 12,597
Haha. Yeah man. I do post on other hobby forums but I've never had good luck with earphones due to fit. I figured that I wasn't getting what you guys have because my ear canals can never hold a seal.

I've always loved bass. You should see the Hsu Research subwoofer (VTF3) that I have in my small NYC apartment and the lengths I go to in order to prevent my neighbors to call the cops.

They just shipped out the CMVK's to me today and I should get it Friday. I'm hoping my fillings will rattle out and I would need to fit dentures.

Love Hsu subs. Had a vtf3 that my bro has now and I use a stf-2 as my night stand :).

If only those alclairs came in universal I would consider a pair.

Please share your impressions when you get a chance.

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #5,427 of 12,597

More bass than the ex90 and that is un taped.
There are 2 versions of the ex1000 One is Nude -EX (the one I have released in 2010) and one released from 2011-discontinued. These are not the ones reviewed in English videos. The sub bass is substantial.

I ask that the poster remain anonymous....but I sold off a very expensive set at 35% original value and waaaay below resale because this item had 2 hours left on an auction and it is the one...not an ex1000 but the EX1000. I stopped collecting IEM cuz I feel like a geek but I wanted this rare gem and the other poster got a deal so i could make my deal.

Thank you to him and I am stoked. Pairs with the Mojo like magic

If you were to rank the Sony IEMs that you have heard for (1) Bass (2) overall SQ, how would you rank them?

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #5,428 of 12,597

If you were to rank the Sony IEMs that you have heard for (1) Bass (2) overall SQ, how would you rank them?

In SQ it's the  NUDE EX  <<<<<<No idea What that means?

I heard these 2 times before and the guy who gave me the MA900 swore they had an original 1st version with more bass than audiophiles like and discontinued and re-released in 2011.
I only heard post 2011 sets and they were biting in the highs and lacking sub-bass but very nice..just not enough bass.

If I cover the vents on these the bass is gone which is opposite from the 800st.

Saw a mention on Amazon about a re-release but it is opposite in it's conclusion.
I do not own planars or make claims about multi BA sets or other expensive out of reach gear. These are sadly hard to find which is why it is not possible to rec.
They are pretty ******* amazing and the best single dynamic release I have ever heard and they are old and Sony walked away from somuchwin and released some crap later on.

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #5,429 of 12,597

In SQ it's the  NUDE EX  <<<<<<No idea What that means?

I heard these 2 times before and the guy who gave me the MA900 swore they had an original 1st version with more bass than audiophiles like and discontinued and re-released in 2011.
I only heard post 2011 sets and they were biting in the highs and lacking sub-bass but very nice..just not enough bass.

If I cover the vents on these the bass is gone which is opposite from the 800st.

Saw a mention on Amazon about a re-release but it is opposite in it's conclusion.
I do not own planars or make claims about multi BA sets or other expensive out of reach gear. These are sadly hard to find which is why it is not possible to rec.
They are pretty ******* amazing and the best single dynamic release I have ever heard and they are old and Sony walked away from somuchwin and released some crap later on.

Can I get the discontinued ones from amazon jp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back