Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 29, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #5,372 of 12,597
You could check out the Cyberdrive Impact Bass. Very rich bass, but not the most defined bass I have ever heard. You can get them as a package with Claity USB DAC for $49, not a bad price considering you get a DAC that can do DSD and a set of IEM . I have them, and like I said the Impact bass have lots of bass while having decent mids and highs. They have more bass and extension than my Koss portapro phones, but the Koss is better as a whole package.

Mar 29, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #5,373 of 12,597
Bassheads who like to roll tips should give these a shot. I found them when looking thru Easy Earphones one day. I've been using them on my MDR 7550 and ASGB for a couple days now and I'm ready to say that they are definitely what's up.

They're Tingo brand velvet IEM tips.

I'm noticing a very clear refinement on sub and mid bass on every IEM immediately off the bat. However there is definitely a treble rolloff, and they seem to absorb a bit of the sound, as they'll make any IEM sound just slightly more distant.

I'm definitely a fan though. As someone who usually rolls off the high end treble with EQ, I am completely happy with this.

They only came in one size which worried me, as sometimes small tips don't even fit me, but they fit fine. Since they're so soft and bendy they just kind of conform to your ear canal's shape, so it's kind of like the benefits of the sounds of foams without the tight pressure fit of foams.

edit: On Aliexpress, they had "warm" in the name and I thought that was funny, but they're made of velvet, so they actually are kind of warm, but not in a bad way! Maybe I wouldn't use them when it's 40 celsius outside... but for most occasions they're actually quite nice. I would take a picture of how cool the ASG-B look with the blue ones on but I'm too busy listening.

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #5,374 of 12,597
Elecom are the real deal, bass wise. I'm experiencing sibilance. I did have some fit issues, but spiral dots are working well. Too soon to share a lot. They are ugly as hell, flat cable if that's your thing.

Decent package. For $32, definitely a budget basshead. It takes lots of power too. I turned my C5 all the way up, along with my phone, no distortion that I could hear, it was loud, bass was thumping.

At lower volumes, definitely a little veiled, mid range sounds a little flat to me. Not the best at detail retrieval.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find more bass volume at this price range and probably way up. I would say more than Xb90ex bass. Not by much, but noticeable. Also, easier to drive than the Sony's.

But the treble gets real hot, although I do turn treble up, but either way more than anything else I own.

Clarity not on same level as the Sony either.

Overall, this are pretty damn good, especially at this price.

Anyone who'd like to give a listen, drop me a pm.

Sorry for the jumbled mess... Just read what I typed, I was all over the place. I was literally listening and laying in bed. Overall, we have a winner.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #5,375 of 12,597
Cool, thanks for impressions. Those are the larger driver version you got right?

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #5,377 of 12,597
Decent package. For $32, definitely a budget basshead. It takes lots of power too. I turned my C5 all the way up, along with my phone, no distortion that I could hear, it was loud, bass was thumping.

Damn dude! All the way on the C5 for real? Not even with the ASG-B I can make it 1/4 of the way before it's crazy loud.... damn!

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #5,380 of 12,597
Yes sir, will do. Someone already asked, so they are officially spoken for. I told our fellow basshead that I'll sit on these until Thursday, if nobody wants to listen, I'll send to him. If people want to give it a go, when they are done traveling they are his.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #5,381 of 12,597
Old X3 with 128 gig card, old connector, ASG 2.5, and Mojo. Listening to Foreigner.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #5,383 of 12,597
How does it sound? Have you tried it on your other daps? Bass?
Just got it yesterday and I didnt want my X3 doing nothing.I pushed the Hardware Bass up but not sure if thats working. It has bass, good bass. Sounding good.

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #5,384 of 12,597
Old cheap X3 uses any cable with its coax.New ****ty sounding X3 cant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back