Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 27, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #4,681 of 12,597

Got my impressions done today - that was NOT a pleasant experience :frowning2:  The things I'll do for this hobby :D

What's your first custom gonna be?

Never stop being surprised how much I love the XB90EX :D

Hope the kickers get here soon. Do kinda miss the sound of open bass port 2.5's powered by the Polaris.

Aurisonics AS-2.5 CIEMs

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #4,683 of 12,597
  'murica

God Bless a murica!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #4,686 of 12,597

Aurisonics AS-2.5 CIEMs

You can still get the 2.5 as CIEMs? what? i thought 2.5's were done for good...

When I was emailing back and forth with Andy at AS regarding a cosmetic defect repair, I figured I might as well ask.  I'm one of at least 3 people that are getting a pair.  Clear black (smoke) body with clear red faceplate plus the ambient port option, which is a second dial like the bass port to relieve the "stuffy head" issue with CIEMs.  Aside from probably not being able to get the 2.5 in either form soon, the ASG-2.5 nozzle size is too big for me and hurts my ear canals after a while, even with the smallest size Comply tips.

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #4,687 of 12,597
When I was emailing back and forth with Andy at AS regarding a cosmetic defect repair, I figured I might as well ask.  I'm one of at least 3 people that are getting a pair.  Clear black (smoke) body with clear red faceplate plus the ambient port option, which is a second dial like the bass port to relieve the "stuffy head" issue with CIEMs.  Aside from probably not being able to get the 2.5 in either form soon, the ASG-2.5 nozzle size is too big for me and hurts my ear canals after a while, even with the smallest size Comply tips.

I had the same issue with the nozzle being too big! Now I really want a custom 2.5 dang it

I better email him!

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #4,688 of 12,597

I had the same issue with the nozzle being too big! Now I really want a custom 2.5 dang it

I better email him!

The base price is $999 just FYI.  The ambient port is $100 and translucent materials or chrome/brushed nickel are $200.  Andy hooked it up since I have multiple pairs of ASG-2.5's so my invoice will be $1,149.  My impressions at an audiologist were $45.  To be honest it's about in-line with the price on a lot of CIEMs.  It's about the same price as the KL-REF :wink:

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #4,689 of 12,597
The base price is $999 just FYI.  The ambient port is $100 and translucent materials or chrome/brushed nickel are $200.  Andy hooked it up since I have multiple pairs of ASG-2.5's so my invoice will be $1,149.  My impressions at an audiologist were $45.  To be honest it's about in-line with the price on a lot of CIEMs.  It's about the same price as the KL-REF :wink:

Hmmm... it's still tempting.

But I know firsthand how much more bass the KL ref is so at that price ill probably just get the ref...

Feb 28, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #4,691 of 12,597
Submissions for March Bass list open.

FLC8 will be added to list.
Amped or unamped or both i don't know yet as i haven't run them off a phone yet.

Kumitate' is not being put on the list yet.

I sent 3 mails 1 in English and 2 in Japanese from my girl and she wanted to know about timeline for a custom. 5 days later and zero responses. 64Audio can have my $1,200 dollars.

so...submissions

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #4,694 of 12,597
 Those use the same driver size and have tuneable port? If so i put them co #1 if not just under listed with kicker
Cool, I thought you were upset with Aurisonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back