head direct RE0
Jul 20, 2009 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

techteen

New Head-Fier
I've been told that these are great headphones for the price ($99 on sale) but im not so confident on them considering they are from china and and its not a big brand...
there arent any videos reviews of it them either
ive heard they are designed very cheaply and look bad which isnt that important to me my main thing is sound
ive read all the reviews but im not sure
should i get them or something else?

Jul 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 11
Jul 21, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 11
x2.. the RE0s are great IEMs. there is some microphonics on them which can be nearly eliminated by wearing them over the ears. but yeah, SQ and build quality are both great.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 11
And if you're buying based on how big the brand is you might as well go with like Bose or Skullcandy. Or Sony, but they make a few gems.

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
I've been told that these are great headphones for the price ($99 on sale) but im not so confident on them considering they are from china and and its not a big brand...
there arent any videos reviews of it them either

Video reviews? For EARPHONES? I facepalm'd.
Seriously, what would you expect? Perhaps an unboxing, but there's really not much to the packaging and they've been around for a while. Other than that you're getting nothing you couldn't get (better) from still images and written impressions.

Also Head-Direct/HiFiMAN are a fantastic company who produce brilliant sounding equipment for some very affordable prices compared to the competition. If you're against buying from small Chinese companies you've already blanked out about 80% of the bargains of the audiophile world. Beyond that, are you sure that you're looking at the RE0 and not the RE-ZERO? The RE0 is only $80 on the Head-Direct site.

Oct 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 11
Fear is the worst advisor.I say Go for some sony/senheiser/skullcandy instead.Big names so they must be good , right ? Wrong.

(seriously , why don't you noobies read some reviews first before asking just for asking without even knowing what you want ?)

what kind of budget you have ?

what kind of sound you like/want ?

should i trust all these people here who do it for the love of it or should i trust the scounderel seller who sees the 'fish' in me and tries to sell me the best thing for his commission ?

answer these 3 questions and you're halfway there

and kill your fear.this is the other half step needed.

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
This thread is a year and three months old...

Good point. Who dug this up? And more importantly, why didn't I read the date on the OP before posting back?

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #11 of 11
My fault. I dug it up.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back