HE1000 V2 and EDX V2 Are Coming Soon
Aug 12, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #18 of 104
Highly interested. 

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #19 of 104
Still pleather pads on a $3000 headphone?  It is comfy pleather, but I wonder how the long term durability is.

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #20 of 104
Still pleather pads on a $3000 headphone?  It is comfy pleather, but I wonder how the long term durability is.

I don't care about the long term'ness, leather cracks too.

Good point, though. I'm a little disappointed to know that, that's weak sauce. I guess HiFiMAN buyers know that they're getting good sound, but that the headphones are unfortunately still made with that stereotypical "Chinese style", and not made with the level of materials or craftsmanship that a top headphone would be. I'm a big proponent for stamping out that misconception that Chinese made stuff is manufactured at a lower quality level, but I can't help out here and I'm not satisfied with the build quality my HEK. My equally priced Pioneer SE Master-1 is made so many times better that having them side by side makes the HEK craftsmlook like a DIY project.

As for the pads, I am happy the velour front has been replaced with a polyester mesh. I'm totally not a fan of velour and found it always irritated my skin on the current pads. So with making them thicker, increasing the angling in the asymmetrical'ness, and putting in a comfy polyester mesh, I'm all for it. I look forward to picking up a pair of pads when I can.

Aug 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #25 of 104

Highly Acclaimed Planar Magnetic Models Receive Styling and Ergonomic Improvements

Tianjin, China, August 01, 2016 -– HIFIMAN, a leading designer/manufacturer of high performance headphones and portable audio products, announced important updates to their two top planar magnetic headphones. The highly acclaimed HE1000 and Edition X have undergone several styling and mechanical enhancements that substantially improve their appearance, durability and comfort. To identify them, the new models will receive a V2 designation after their model names and therefore be known as HE1000 V2 ($2999 MSRP) and Edition X V2 ($1799) respectively. HE1000 V2 and Edition X V2 will be available in September at the same prices as the previous models.

It looks like there are no changes to the driver or magnet design.  The changes appear to be entirely aesthetic and ergonomic, with the exception of the cable upgrade.  Is this essentially correct?

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #26 of 104
It looks like there are no changes to the driver or magnet design.  The changes appear to be entirely aesthetic and ergonomic, with the exception of the cable upgrade.  Is this essentially correct?

The chamber size and earpad change are of course not for "aesthetic and ergonomic". Along with the cable change it has the potential of sounding differently IMO. Doesn't have to be a major driver change for it to sound differently. (Like HD800 vs HD800s)

Aug 28, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #27 of 104
Certainly the new pads will be available – as spare parts – also for owners of the old model (like myself). After all you never have to prove to be an owner to get spare parts. The only question is: When?

HiFiMan, please be prepared for a rush on the new ear pads! And make enough of them in advance! (Also, please don't ask too much for them!)

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #28 of 104
  Certainly the new pads will be available – as spare parts – also for owners of the old model (like myself). After all you never have to prove to be an owner to get spare parts. The only question is: When?

HiFiMan, please be prepared for a rush on the new ear pads! And make enough of them in advance! (Also, please don't ask too much for them!)

Thank you for your interest.
The HE1000 V2 will be available next month.
If we have any update, we will tell you soon.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 29, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #29 of 104
The chamber size and earpad change are of course not for "aesthetic and ergonomic". Along with the cable change it has the potential of sounding differently IMO. Doesn't have to be a major driver change for it to sound differently. (Like HD800 vs HD800s)

Good points.  Maybe I'll get to hear one of the new pairs at some point.  Right now, I remain quite satisfied with the current version.   But if the new version is significantly better, that's great.  Even then, I still wouldn't feel compelled to switch to the newer version, simply because the original version has already surpassed my elusive threshold of "audiophile magic," which is extremely unusual for me.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #30 of 104
OH dear. I will have to throw my old HE1000 in the bin, old tech., and all that. The problem is, that i am spending the family inheritance money, to keep up with the latest must have thing. They have informed me, that if this is the case,that when i die, they will bury me, with a set of Beats Headphones. What a spiteful family i have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back