HE-6 Loaner Program [EU-Version]
Jan 19, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #151 of 168
Hi, i just received today the he-6.
First, i thank the Hifiman company and Jan(Sieveking Sound) for this great opportunity.
I will listen the he-6 connected to the amb balanced beta-22 with 8X gain.
I opened the box and i love the style.
the box is very elegant and solid.
Inside i find a balanced cable with neutrik 4 pin and the adapter balanced to unbalanced.
the quality of the cable is very good(the best compared to all my old and new headphones)
The he-6 is solid with good construction.
in my head is very comfortable and lightweight.
i love.
aldo 

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #152 of 168
Hi Aldo...
Good listening!!!
beyersmile.png

Enrico

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #156 of 168
The HE-6 prodo is significantly better than the proto. They are apples and oranges from each other, and it's not fair that you haven't got to hear the more efficient 6's that can be run right out of a home headphone amp. You can even share them with a friend as long as they are treated with with respect because they are my own personal pair. I would be wiling to lend my pair across the pond, if anyone is willing to lend me something of worth for a short time. If you are interested, shoot me a PM. Something like a Leben 300 or a pair of headphones that I haven't heard yet.  Of course they sound a little better with a speaker amp, but one is not necessary.

Shoot me a pair if you are interested in a short term trade. How can you buy the one we are all going crazy about in the US without hearing them?

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #157 of 168
hi,
i think you´re talking seriously but most people in this thread are citizens of the E.U.
aldo

Quote:
The HE-6 prodo is significantly better than the proto. They are apples and oranges from each other, and it's not fair that you haven't got to hear the more efficient 6's that can be run right out of a home headphone amp. You can even share them with a friend as long as they are treated with with respect because they are my own personal pair. I would be wiling to lend my pair across the pond, if anyone is willing to lend me something of worth for a short time. If you are interested, shoot me a PM. Something like a Leben 300 or a pair of headphones that I haven't heard yet.  Of course they sound a little better with a speaker amp, but one is not necessary.

Shoot me a pair if you are interested in a short term trade. How can you buy the one we are all going crazy about in the US without hearing them?

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #160 of 168
So far, so good.
Yesterday I sent a pair of K1000's to Australia.
I try to get fellow members in Europe and surrounding countries to have a fair shake in being able to try the same products that are freely available in the States.
I insure the product for full amount and put "Electronics (in this case Headphones) for repair". I have sold and traded to Scandinavia, Poland, England, New Zealand, Switzerland, etc. and so far I've bee lucky. My last loaner was a Woo Audio GES to New Zealand and that weighed 22 lbs. and had tubes.
I'm not saying that there can't be horror stories, but so far, so good.
Someone even sent me money to buy them Triple-Fi Pros, because they were unattainable and I sent them. It might be in my feedback.

Edit- Here's 1: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/19038/immtbiker/15#post_4096555

And another 1: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/19038/immtbiker/30#post_5643301

From Denmark: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/19038/immtbiker/30#post_6501808

...and so on.

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #162 of 168
very lucky, no doubt.
rolleyes.gif

aldo

Quote:
So far, so good.
Yesterday I sent a pair of K1000's to Australia.
I try to get fellow members in Europe and surrounding countries to have a fair shake in being able to try the same products that are freely available in the States.
I insure the product for full amount and put "Electronics (in this case Headphones) for repair". I have sold and traded to Scandinavia, Poland, England, New Zealand, Switzerland, etc. and so far I've bee lucky. My last loaner was a Woo Audio GES to New Zealand and that weighed 22 lbs. and had tubes.
I'm not saying that there can't be horror stories, but so far, so good.
Someone even sent me money to buy them Triple-Fi Pros, because they were unattainable and I sent them. It might be in my feedback.

Edit- Here's 1: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/19038/immtbiker/15#post_4096555

And another 1: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/19038/immtbiker/30#post_5643301

From Denmark: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/19038/immtbiker/30#post_6501808

...and so on.

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #164 of 168
the phones are gone.
guilherme you are the next, enjoi it.
the hifiman is a young company compared to sennheiser, akg, grado, etc.
for this, i think that has been  created a headphone with very good construction, a good and gorgeus cable and has a balanced to unbalanced adapter(incredible),
althought the headphones are heavy, when i have them in my head the problem disappears.
i could listen to the music for several hours without making a break because they cause no listening fatigue.
now about the sound...
the he-6 is extremely revealing returning every little detail of the musical message.
i heard particulary things, in the musics, that i know so well, that i had never heard with any others headphones.
i did not like the low range of the he-6.
i could listen the low frequencies but they were far and thin.
this fact causes an imbalance towards the mid and high range that at times become annoying.
when i listen to it sometimes seems that the music is distant and has no body.
the soundstage is very good almost to the level of the hd-800.
the he-6 need power and current.
i have heard with the pot at 3 o´clock(same thing for the akg k-1000).
i don´t know the sale price but if the price is between 700 and 900 euros, this is a good alternative; provided to solve the problem of lack of body.
i´m sincere,these are not my ideal headphones but if the problems i refered are solved in a future model, they will probabily be one of the best
cheers
aldo

Jan 27, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #165 of 168
Aldo,

Did you try them with a speaker amp?

For those who will be participating, you have to run them off your speaker amp to get what these headphones are capable of. Even owners of amps like the Beta, Zana Deux, Singlepower, Meier, etc. have commented on the lackluster performance SE compared to speaker amp performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back