He-4xx vs he-5xx
Jan 24, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 4
I personally think the prices should have been swapped around. I vastly prefer the sound quality and build of the HE4XX over the big brother.
HE5XX is a reskinned Hifiman Deva in black with dual cable entry. It’s basically an unfinished headphone where the drivers haven’t been properly sealed which in turn gives you a presentation/frequency response that from the mids and up almost entirely consists of peaks and troughs.
But that’s my ears though. If you go take a look at the designated HE5XX thread you’ll most likely see folks prefering it over the Ananda.

Jan 25, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 4
I personally think the prices should have been swapped around. I vastly prefer the sound quality and build of the HE4XX over the big brother.
HE5XX is a reskinned Hifiman Deva in black with dual cable entry. It’s basically an unfinished headphone where the drivers haven’t been properly sealed which in turn gives you a presentation/frequency response that from the mids and up almost entirely consists of peaks and troughs.
But that’s my ears though. If you go take a look at the designated HE5XX thread you’ll most likely see folks prefering it over the Ananda.
those are some insanely harsh comments. I was wondering about things like the soundstage and the body of the music. I've seen that people think the HE-4xx had a more intimate soundstage, would you think that's true? Well, i'd enjoy hearing more about why you like one over the other, but saying it's an "unfinished headphone" makes me thinkl you don't have anything good to say about them lol. That said, would you mind telling me what do you enjoy most about your HE4XX?

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 4
I've owned the 4XX for about 3 years. If you just kick back and listen, and not analyize, you could be happy. I'm not Low bass nearly absent, mid/upper bass fat, highs up and down. Mids somewhat laid back. Decent rock n roll, forget audiophile or classical. Does NOT scale with cables, amps, even a 10 band EQ can't fix them. I'll sell my seldom used 4XX's, with an added balanced cable 2 sets of pads, but headband a HE-500 for $85 + ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back