HE-400i vs HD650
Nov 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tehsprayer

500+ Head-Fier
I can currently get a pair of HE-400i for $395 USD and the HD650 for $500 CAD (often goes on sale for $350 USD) though. 

Consider both headphones priced at the same value, what one would you get?

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 6
What source will you be using these headphones with?  Do you have an amplifier?  What sound qualities do you want in a headphone?  The HD 650 is very warm, relaxed, and somewhat dark (somewhat subdued treble and tilted downwards), while the HE-400i should be more linear/neutral and forward in the midrange though personally I never heard it.  I'd get the HE-400i because it probably plays into my taste more, and because I prefer its more spacious ear pads that don't touch my ears, but this may not apply to you. 

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 6
  What source will you be using these headphones with?  Do you have an amplifier?  What sound qualities do you want in a headphone?  The HD 650 is very warm, relaxed, and somewhat dark (somewhat subdued treble and tilted downwards), while the HE-400i should be more linear/neutral and forward in the midrange though personally I never heard it.  I'd get the HE-400i because it probably plays into my taste more, and because I prefer its more spacious ear pads that don't touch my ears, but this may not apply to you. 

Used with O2/Modi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back