HD800 vs HE500
Jan 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #721 of 1,025

You know exactly in what context. And you do win for your self. But for me, you're oh so very not on target. All the measurements I've seen of the HE-6s/HE-500/HD800 show that they have the same impact in bass. Regardless of Tyll's or purrin's, or Golden Ears. That's what I meant. And subject opinion are just that...subjective. The advantage with objective measurements is that they can be translated over to others (simply because they don't bring in personal bias').

And my ranking of headphones does help me understand where they all compete. Isn' that what we do. Yes, I sold my LCD-3s, because I prefer the LCD-X's to them and having both open Audeze's on hand seems silly. So your final comment really doesn't make sense to me.

There's a thread for ranking headphones.  You can rank your headphones there all day long.  Why bring your rankings in threads that's not meant for rankings?  

Personal bias is all we have when it comes to what we like. Well unless you let the graphs and plots tell you what you like.  

On the objective side I'll bet your dime to my donut that 5 different groups of 100 or more people will think the HE-500 / HE-6 are the more enjoyable "all around" headphone compared to the HD800  - This way is not flawed.

Technically, measurements and plots the HD800s win  

Musicality, enjoyment factor, better all rounder the HE-6/HE-500 wins..

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #722 of 1,025
There's a thread for ranking headphones.  You can rank your headphones there all day long.  Why bring your rankings in threads that's not meant for rankings?  

Personal bias is all we have when it comes to what we like. Well unless you let the graphs and plots tell you what you like.  

On the objective side I'll bet your dime to my donut that 5 different groups of 100 or more people will think the HE-500 / HE-6 are the more enjoyable "all around" headphone compared to the HD800  - This way is not flawed.

I'd bet you a lot more that on a great rig, more experienced audiophiles would pick the HD800s. :wink:

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #723 of 1,025
That's a bet
beerchug.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #725 of 1,025
On the objective side I'll bet your dime to my donut that 5 different groups of 100 or more people will think the HE-500 / HE-6 are the more enjoyable "all around" headphone compared to the HD800

Sorry but, this is objective?

www.businessdictionary.com/definition/objectivity.html
1. General: Striving (as far as possible or practicable) to reduce or eliminate biases, prejudices, or subjective evaluations by relying on verifiable data.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #726 of 1,025
Sorry but, this is objective?

www.businessdictionary.com/definition/objectivity.html
1. General: Striving (as far as possible or practicable) to reduce or eliminate biases, prejudices, or subjective evaluations by relying on verifiable data.

Look up sample size or sampling methods..

Here's a few:

http://www.dictionarycentral.com/definition/sample-size.html

http://www.socialresearchmethods.net/kb/sampling.php

This is OT - lets talk more about the HD800 and the HE-500..  

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #728 of 1,025
What a riot!

I'll say on some of the top rigs I've heard for both headphones, they're neck and neck really.

Even out of a J2 the HE-6 doesn't have so much more quantitative bass than the HD800.
Neither is the HD800 so much more resolving. Pick and choose your subtleties.

The HE-500 doesn't even register as being on the same level.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #729 of 1,025
  What a riot!

I'll say on some of the top rigs I've heard for both headphones, they're neck and neck really.

Even out of a J2 the HE-6 doesn't have so much more quantitative bass than the HD800.
Neither is the HD800 so much more resolving. Pick and choose your subtleties.

The HE-500 doesn't even register as being on the same level.

eek.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #730 of 1,025
  AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

To me, the HE-500 is much like the HD650. Musical and easy to listen to. But technically lacks behind many.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #731 of 1,025
To me, the HE-500 is much like the HD650. Musical and easy to listen to. But technically lacks behind many.

My rusty two cents as well. But then...everyone's cents are as valuable if they prefer the HE-500. (That they are clearly deaf, members of an underground group of radicals out to overthrow the Sennheiser empire, and believers that Christie didn't have anything to do with the bridge hanky-panky in NJ, makes no difference.) 8^)

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #732 of 1,025
I'd bet you a lot more that on a great rig, more experienced audiophiles would pick the HD800s.
wink.gif

lmao.  more experienced audiophiles.  So that's what it comes down to?  I prefer to have both HPs for their strengths.  I don't even want to consider myself an audiophile.  That's a title/name full of smoke, imagination and sometimes self-justification.

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #734 of 1,025

+1.
Some people will never accept this.  For them, HD800 wins all around while having as much bass as HE500 and HE6 according to graphs and what they hear.  They are the more experienced audiophile and have golden ears.  Let's just agree to disagree again cuz this won't go anywhere.  Enjoy music on whichever HPs are the best for you. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #735 of 1,025
So true!

"Hello, my name is XYZ and I am an audiophile." ("Hello, XYZ.")

+1.  I am at the airport waiting for my flight to AZ.  I am listening to HD euro jazz on my $50 Sony earbuds right now.  Guess what?  The music is fantastic. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back