hd650 or hd800
Dec 1, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #271 of 279
Quote:
No, I just didn't like the idea of you calling someone that I respect OCD behind their back.  I think you know what I mean.  No need for emoticons.

We're all (in this forum) a bit OCD I believe :) I am one, at least. But generally, of respect to people who REALLY have severe problems, one should avoid using such terminology. So better say we're all abnormally interested in earspeakers and are willing to go to extremes to make things work as we like it. And we respect each other for that very reason. 

Anyway - LCD should make a non-leather version. I'll be waiting.... 

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #273 of 279

Quote:
I used to cut socks into ankle warmers and place them around the shiny metal shells on my PS1000.  The socks remained on my PS1000s 24/7, at home and when I took them with me to the gym.  You can call me whatever you like.  I still ended up with a few tiny scratches, picked up by the camera in extreme zoom, and it would aggravate me.

Click-click, click-click, click-click, click-click.  

(This is me checking the locks.)

Thanks Bill. Damn, I touched the mouse.  

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #274 of 279
How is OCD derogatory? It's just another way of saying anal-retentive in this context. I would argue that most of us here at Head-fi are at least that:

"In the psychology of Freud, the anal stage is said to follow the oral stage of infant/early-childhood development. This is a time when an infant's attention moves from oral stimulation to anal stimulation (usually the bowels but occasionally the bladder), usually synchronous with learning to control their excretory functions, a time of toilet training. Freud theorized that children who experience conflicts during this period of time may develop "anal" personality traits, namely those associated with a child's efforts at excretory control: orderliness, stubbornness, a compulsion for control,[1] as well as a generalized interest in collecting, possessing, and retaining objects.[2]
If these qualities continue into later life, the person is said to be "anal retentive"."

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #275 of 279

Quote:
How is OCD derogatory? It's just another way of saying anal-retentive in this context. I would argue that most of us here at Head-fi are at least that:

"In the psychology of Freud, the anal stage is said to follow the oral stage of infant/early-childhood development. This is a time when an infant's attention moves from oral stimulation to anal stimulation (usually the bowels but occasionally the bladder), usually synchronous with learning to control their excretory functions, a time of toilet training. Freud theorized that children who experience conflicts during this period of time may develop "anal" personality traits, namely those associated with a child's efforts at excretory control: orderliness, stubbornness, a compulsion for control,[1] as well as a generalized interest in collecting, possessing, and retaining objects.[2]
If these qualities continue into later life, the person is said to be "anal retentive"."

This made me laugh! I just got back from a behavioral science lecture, not sure if I agree with everything Mr. Freud has to say, but either way, I must pass the exams lol... I can only imagine saying to somebody, "do you know your anally retentive"... Though a lot of his theory makes sense, the problem lies in the fact that it is difficult to create such a purely mechanical and lifeless way of analyzing the stages of human development, there is so much more to humanity than logical theoretics, maybe passion or soul, or the human heart that is almost impossible to define... Either way, back to hd650 or hd 800 lol... Cheers, 

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #277 of 279
There's no such thing as a Sennheiser veil
gagaaa+(16).jpg

and BTW:

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Back