HD650: Aune T1 vs Asgard 2?
Nov 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ohcrapgorillas

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone heard these two with the HD650? Please let me know. I can't find any direct comparisons.

Right now, they're being powered by my Harman Kardon AVR and they're pretty incredible but I do want a proper dedicated amp. I have an Aune T1 on the way mostly for use as a tube DAC, but I know it's good for the HD650. Then again, I was thinking of getting an Asgard 2 and just using the Aune as a tube DAC, mostly because I love and plan on keeping a pair of Grados around. Aune won't play well with Grados, but Asgard seems like it will play well with both.

The deciding factor would be, is the Asgard better than the Aune at powering the HD650? If not, I'll just keep powering the Grados with the HK AVR and use the Aune for the HD650.

If anyone has any impressions, please let me know! Thanks!

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 3
A number of people on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-FAQ use the Aune T1 with the HD650 and like the combo. Use the thread search and you will find some comments on the Asgard by people who have tried both.

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 3
I wanted to come back briefly for anyone who digs up this thread in the future and say that while the Asgard 2 + Grado combo is actually fantastic, it does not pair with the HD650.

The HD650 do not have a veil, amps have a veil. HD650s let you hear the amp.

Unfortunately, then, the Asgard 2 has the veil. 

EDIT: NOPE! Asgard 2 is a wonderful amp that decided to open up at the last minute. It's smooth and relaxed but hits hard. It's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back