HD600 Cable
Jan 9, 2004 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jtwn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, Well all of a sudden i have a problem with my cable on the left side of my hd600s, sound just cuts out if it is not in a certain position, pushing the cable into the plug (not the whole thing into the socket) makes it come on, but it just stops after a while, so

Does anybody know where i can find a replacement cable for it, preferably in the uk on the internet?

This may sound stupid but, does anybody think it would be possible to do a diy job on it, while i wait for the cable to come?

Thanks

Jan 9, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 4
edit: Thanks, that was quite interesting but (well fortunately) i dont think my problem is that, it must just be down to the cables.

Jan 11, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #4 of 4
Do you have a multimeter that you can check the cable's continuity with? There may be a break within the cable's length somewhere, probably near the connector itself.

That happened to me a few weeks ago with my old MB Quart QuartPhone 50s. I e-mailed MB Quart about it and reached Willi Presutti, MBQ's International Professional Audio Sales Manager, based in Germany. He sent me an exploded diagram of my headphones and instructions on testing/repairing the cable if it was broken somewhere along its length. Luckily for me, the cable break was only an inch below where the cables were soldered to the right driver. I snipped off the bad portion, stripped the cable, and resoldered it. After reassembly, the headphones were as good as new.

If you're lucky, as well, the break will be in approximately the same place.

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back