HD600 and anemic bass?
Aug 11, 2003 at 5:56 AM Post #31 of 31
simply put, it all depends on what equipment you are running the Senns from. when i first bobught my HD600, the bass was thin and not vevry present, but still surely accurate. however, after i upgraded power supplys, sources, and amps, the HD600's bass began to sing to me and has proved to be as deep as my Sony V6. they differ from the V6's by not having as much bass and not in such high volumes, which is a very very fake bass presentation. bass should ONLY be present when it is asked for, and ONLY when it is originally in the recording. bass should not be artificially put into the other frequencies in order to give them and the headphones overall sound more body and wieght...that is fake...and a lot of Sony's do this, which is also why i believe so many people stand by their cheaper Sony's that sound so horrible. even on some mid to high end gear, the HD600's bass and realism will not be brought out. that is Sennheiser's fault for not making them a very versatle headphone. but pare them with the right combo of equipment, and they are easily one of the best phones. it is as simple as that. not a very hard formula to figure out.

Sov, the bass presentations of the HD600 and the CD3000 are very different beasts. if a person wants to believe that the CD3000's bass sounds fake in comparison to the HD600, let them think that. they have the right to think that, just as you have the right to say the CD3000's bass goes deeper than the HD600. so leave it at that... don't start another unwanted and pointless feud. i've learned that it makes absolutely no sense at all, and i would have hoped you would have learned that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back