hd570's, best audio quality sound card? audigy 2 zs?
Oct 28, 2003 at 10:24 AM Post #18 of 36
do you need a special drive for that, or just a normal dvd drive.

if the audigy2 supports dvdA, and you don't need a special drive my advice would be get your butt over to the for-sale forum and buy that audigy2 with the upgraded opamps before I do. Price/sound quality ratio is incredible(especially if you play games)

Nov 11, 2003 at 9:47 PM Post #20 of 36
Audigy2 supports DVD-a,and doesnt need any special drive for that.But it sounds hollow,metallic and sterile,not good for music.Dont know how replaced opamps affect the sound though.

Nov 12, 2003 at 6:26 AM Post #21 of 36
I noticed that modded card over there too. Asdfeproiu9, can you enlighten us any on how the different opamps (and if I remember right, different caps too) affect the sound, both for music and games?

I hadn't really considered the possibility of modding a SC before, is there any info on this anywhere that anyone has seen? I'd be curious to read up on it.

Adso

Dec 22, 2003 at 3:20 PM Post #23 of 36
Yeah, I noticed it, as well as Fry's Electronic carry them now as well... I just never got around to getting one. Money keeps on bleeding out of my wallet buying other things
frown.gif

Dec 22, 2003 at 9:03 PM Post #24 of 36
I'm interested in a 4-way shootout between:

M-Audio Revolution
M-Audio Delta 410
M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 (internal)
M-Audio Audiophile USB (external)

What > What

Dec 22, 2003 at 9:05 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
I'm interested in a 4-way shootout between:

M-Audio Revolution
M-Audio Delta 410
M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 (internal)
M-Audio Audiophile USB (external)

What > What

me too.

Dec 30, 2003 at 8:06 PM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by lindrone
Yeah, I noticed it, as well as Fry's Electronic carry them now as well... I just never got around to getting one. Money keeps on bleeding out of my wallet buying other things
frown.gif

My mom asked me to pick something out for Christmas for my step-dad and I picked him up one. I just tried plugging it into my computer... WOW very very impressive, great detail especially in the bass notes, good speparation, it plays MP3 better than my Panasonic DVD player plays redbook. (I'm using Foobar2000 upsampling to 88.2khz/24bit in slow mode, dithered with strong noise shaping). I'm hearing detial in my music that I haven't heard before. I think I'm going to try to borrow this for the next meet and see how it stacks up to Iron_Dreamer's rig.

Dec 30, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by lindrone
Grr.. now I'm tempted to buy one again.. I really should just be saving up money for a new source instead.. grr..

Well it has redbook playback approaching the Arcam player that had the best redbook I've heard. If money's an issue though and you're only going to get one, get the new source... What are you considering anyway?

Dec 31, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #30 of 36
Hey Jasper, the excellent sound you reported for the Philips, was it from the headphone output?
Nice work Lindrone for discovering this cutie
280smile.gif

i want to get a sound card with excellent headphone output that doesn't require an amp to run; now is that really too much to ask for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back