HD555 Now $75 Free Shipping
Sep 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #136 of 241
coupon for the HD555 still works.
anybody good with speakers? is polk audio RTiA1 any good?

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #138 of 241
btw, I don't know if anyone already posted this but:
Quote:
Up to 40% off Sitewide at Electronics Expo

Electronics Expo is taking up to 40% off sitewide with coupon codeBIGBEN. Excludes bundles, clearance, Monster headphones, Bose, and select Sony items. Cannot be combined with any other offer. The picturedShure SRH440 Professional Around-Ear Studio Headphones are $100 - $38% off w/ code = $62 with free shipping.

Saw this on bensbargains

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #140 of 241
confused.gif

I placed an order on the 16th of September for these headphones.  Just today (the 27th) I got a message from amazon payments indicating my order has been shipped.  At the time of purchase, I was charged $75.  Then suddenly the payment disappeared about a week after the buy (my account suddenly had $75 more and no record of a purchase).  But today it charged my account and has been shipped.  Still no confirmation message from the dealer.

Lame.  Let's see how long it takes to get here.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #142 of 241

Quote:
confused.gif

I placed an order on the 16th of September for these headphones.  Just today (the 27th) I got a message from amazon payments indicating my order has been shipped.  At the time of purchase, I was charged $75.  Then suddenly the payment disappeared about a week after the buy (my account suddenly had $75 more and no record of a purchase).  But today it charged my account and has been shipped.  Still no confirmation message from the dealer.

Lame.  Let's see how long it takes to get here.

Thats really weird. I got an amazon confirmation email right after I did it and one from EE about 3 hours later. I got a shipping confirmation from both the next day and had the headphones 4 days later. From what I have read about EE I feel sorta lucky that my purchase went as smoothly as it did. Good luck man.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #143 of 241

Quote:
Thats really weird. I got an amazon confirmation email right after I did it and one from EE about 3 hours later. I got a shipping confirmation from both the next day and had the headphones 4 days later. From what I have read about EE I feel sorta lucky that my purchase went as smoothly as it did. Good luck man.

Yeah I read the reviews and knew I should stay away but the price was so tempting I had to go for it.  My wallet isn't damaged too bad but I somehow knew I would be the one to get the bad order.

Thanks for the kind words and luck I will definitely post how it all plays out later.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #144 of 241

Quote:
Yeah I read the reviews and knew I should stay away but the price was so tempting I had to go for it.  My wallet isn't damaged too bad but I somehow knew I would be the one to get the bad order.

Thanks for the kind words and luck I will definitely post how it all plays out later.

I think I am cancelling my order. I don't wish to do business with such an e-tailor. I got online to cancel my order and apparently they can only cancel during the daytime?

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #145 of 241
I ordered a pair today and the order seemed to go pretty smooth.  I got an email from amazon right away confirming my order.  We will see if they actually show up.  I hope they do the price is GREAT!!!!

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #146 of 241
I ordered my pair on Tuesday of last week and received them today. So far, I'm enjoying what I'm hearing. This is my first pair of open (or semi-open) headphones and I'm enjoying that sort of open sound signature. Knowing that these can be opened up even further with modification is certainly very promising as well. Definitely worth the $75 so far.

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #147 of 241

Quote:
I ordered my pair on Tuesday of last week and received them today. So far, I'm enjoying what I'm hearing. This is my first pair of open (or semi-open) headphones and I'm enjoying that sort of open sound signature. Knowing that these can be opened up even further with modification is certainly very promising as well. Definitely worth the $75 so far.

yeah the soundstage opens it up hugely.  i suggest you doing it if you like the openess.  your jaw will drop to the floor if you do the soundstage mod.  do the whole thing, not just the foam mod.  follow my instructions.  type in soundstage re mastered in the search.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #150 of 241
Agh... I don't need these at all, but I've been so curious about how HD595s sound. If I had an audio store it would save me sooo much money...

anyone know if I could flip this at cost in, say, a month down the road?
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back