HD555 Now $75 Free Shipping
Sep 25, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #121 of 241

Quote:
Quote:

I'm thinking about picking up a pre-built CMoy amp on eBay for around $45. It should be able to match my Xonar DX when it comes to powering the HD555s, but I won't know for sure until I can order it. If that's too much, you may want to try out some of the Fiio amps...I just doubt they would work that well. 

If you don't mind a non-portable solution and have a desktop PC, you could invest in a Xonar DS (has swappable op-amps) or DX. At least then you should be able to hear the difference I keep mentioning.

I would just go for jdslabs unit. They look pretty good and include a bass boost feature, and to be frank, it includes a better op amp than the OPA2132/2134, that is, the OPA2227. It runs well rail to rail, will help a battery last longer and to me the sound is more balanced. At 65$, yes it's 20$ more but it's a well built unit.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #122 of 241
Quote:
I would just go for jdslabs unit. They look pretty good and include a bass boost feature, and to be frank, it includes a better op amp than the OPA2132/2134, that is, the OPA2227. It runs well rail to rail, will help a battery last longer and to me the sound is more balanced. At 65$, yes it's 20$ more but it's a well built unit.
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

You can find them on eBay with the OPA2227 for $42ish (includes shipping).

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #123 of 241
I've been seeing a lot of the Fiio e5/e7 being thrown around. How are those?

Yeah, the Senns definitely cleared up and the highs/lows mellowed out a lot. I'm like tripping out. I didn't even have to touch the EQ's except to increase the bass - which was so loud and messy yesteday.

However, the M50's still sound the same
confused_face.gif
. I'm really enjoying the soundstage on the 555.

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #124 of 241
is your m50 sounds like listening to music in a tunnel? very muddy vocal? poor separation? you must be like "yes! yes! yeah the muddy vocal."

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #125 of 241
m50 is not forgiving to poor sound sources. i listen to some loseless ape and flac files, using foobar2k with asio output pluging on my desktop pc that has onboard sound. it sound good,  tunnel feeling becomes soundstage.

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #126 of 241
I haven't even gone to pick mine up from the post office yet, but I already think I'm going to get rid of them. If any Canadians want a pair, PM me. Otherwise I'll just put them on ebay.

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #127 of 241
Quote:
I've been seeing a lot of the Fiio e5/e7 being thrown around. How are those?

The E7 isn't "cheap", and I think I'd want something nicer than the E5 for the HD555s. The E3s don't help much, and if I've read correctly, they're very similar.

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #128 of 241

Quote:
is your m50 sounds like listening to music in a tunnel? very muddy vocal? poor separation? you must be like "yes! yes! yeah the muddy vocal."

YES! YES! YES!!! lol That becomes soundstage? Man, can't wait till it starts clearing up. You're right, it is VERY unforgiving of bad quality sound tracks.

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #131 of 241
Thinking of picking up these, my KCS75 died and now I have the m50's for work, UE Triple.fi 10 for travel and nothing for home.

How did it take for them to ship the package, need to make sure Im in town for UPS.

Sep 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #133 of 241
i thought i know m50. it confuses me every time i listen to it. please just ignor what i have said about this headphone.

Quote:
m50 is not forgiving to poor sound sources. i listen to some loseless ape and flac files, using foobar2k with asio output pluging on my desktop pc that has onboard sound. it sound good,  tunnel feeling becomes soundstage.

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #134 of 241
Oh my god.

Canadian here, I would love a pair of these.  If there is anyone that I could order to, please message me!  I would pay for shipping and I would tip
smily_headphones1.gif

Its so hard to find gear up here...

First post btw.  Hi all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back