HD439 help
Jun 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

adamdevigili

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Just received a pair of Senn 439's new from Sennheiser....and they sound kinda bad. Not sure what's up as they have great reviews. I am running this simply through an Asus Xonar DG and whenever a bass heavy part of a song comes in, the music gets very distorted. Any kind of electronic music is almost unbearable with the distortion. If it's any help, I am running these with the 64ohm exciter mode, as any lower does not give the volume level I want. Any help is appreciated. 

EDIT: They actually sound awful at high volume in general, not just high bass.

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 8
  What bit rate are the songs you're playing? It could be that alone that's causing this. Or maybe the Xonar just doesn't get along with them.

320 kbps. Also they produce a very loud and annoying rattle in the left cup at lower frequencies, like can hear the rattle across the room loud. These are brand new. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #5 of 8
  Send them back man. They might just be duds, tell them what you're experiencing. I'm sure they will do whatever to make you happy.

Yeah, I can't keep these the way they are. Sucks I waited a week and a half to get them too. Just more info for anyone else feeling to give advice, they are plugged directly into the sound card, not the front panel, I also tried them with my Note 3 with the same results, high distortion at high volume/bass. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm sorry to hear that man. Maybe just look into another headphone at that same price point, just in case it's the headphone design itself. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to get another pair just to find out they're the exact same.

Jun 2, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 8
  I'm sorry to hear that man. Maybe just look into another headphone at that same price point, just in case it's the headphone design itself. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to get another pair just to find out they're the exact same.

Yeah, I had pulled the trigger on a set of M50s, but after a week the distributor told me there was a problem and just gave me a refund (...great). Noticed that Senn was selling the 439s for cheap, decided it was a good thing with the situation and bought them. 10 days later I get them and they are crap. Not the best experience ever haha. Back to the drawing board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back