Hd251-ii vs Facelift Beyer DT-1350 for commuting, halp!
Nov 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

3t3p

New Head-Fier
Guys, got a new job in the city so to celebrate going to upgrade from IEM soundmagic E30s to some bigger phones as everyone seems to be rocking now, so wouldn't feel as self-conscious as before as wearing something on my head! (plus its winter and don't like wearing hats so any warmth benefit would be nice:))

I am looking for some commuting phones for the train/planes so need some isolation and consideration for others around me.
I don't mind taking my Fiio E7 with me to amp if needed.

Background are HD598's for desktop use with the Fiio (Aune T1 on its way!) + Spotify premium.
Mobile source will be HTC one (sony mp3 player lost/stolen on travels:frowning2:) and spotify premium set to extreme quality settings.

Listen to heavy metal/rock, dubstep, popular stuff, film soundtracks and a smattering of everything else.
Very nearly just ordered HD251-iis to be done with it.
Then saw the aluminiums which look and I think would sound better!

THEN I found about the existence of the DT-1350's which have got rave reviews from innerfidelity and general reviews.
I don't know which one to go for! I am very tempted by the Facelift DT-1350 as being a professional in the city they fit in with the garb/costume I must wear to work everyday.

They just look like the complete package and those tesla ring-shaped magnet drivers with flux density approaching an MRI scanner sound amazing!

I am careful with things so durability while welcomed, isn't as necessary as in a pro-DJ environment. Heck if I need a rest I like that the beyers will sit around my neck better as the cups swivel.

I like bass as much as the next man but not when it is over-emphasised or muddy/poorly controlled.
I guess I like the warm presentation of my 598's and know that when testing my yamaha monitors for my digital piano with music I don't like a completely neutral sound, which some people say the beyers have, others say they are warm!

I am also wanting to try something away from Sennheiser to start my career as a headphone nut and get experience that way.

Long post, my bad,

Thanks all,

3t3p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back