hd 650s!
Jan 8, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #31 of 106
I hear you bro
wink.gif
Years back..I though I will NEVER-EVER change from X-Can V2 and Beyer DT250...

We can all relate and enjoy his enthusiasm
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is when this hobby is as best, but this is not going to be good for your wallet when upgradeitis will struck again
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #32 of 106
wow, this is scary. i never knew "sail away" by david gray had any bass at all...i didnt think they even had a drum in the song! did the 650 just put in an instrument in there because it sounds freaking amazing with the drums. sorry for these minute updates. just got really excited when this song came on. i had never heard any low freq. in it at all before.

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #33 of 106
Why Is There A Hiss From The Amp When I Turn Them All The Way Up And Not Dead Silence??? =/ either way just wow. my 595s have never sounded this good. i had an audiophile party of sorts this morning
biggrin.gif
people from my university came over and brought their toys and we all took turns listening to them
biggrin.gif
it was soooooooooo much fun. i cant imagine what can jams must be like! for some reason, everyone agreed that my 595s had better bass response in pretty much every song we played than the sr 60s. both were well broken in. but the grados took it away for mid range and clarity and detail of passages but were lacking their legendary bass. is it just me or are those qualities supposed to be in the opposite headphones. they were all tried on a auzen prelude. im guessing things might turn around when an amp is introduced into the circuit.

right now im in heaven and i doubt ill be making any more posts for a while. just never thought i could enjoy my music so much. THANKS HEADFI!

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #36 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this might sound a tad lame but when i was growing up my dad used to listen to a lot of metallica and [snip]

O...M...G... do *I* feel old.
redface.gif

Oh, congrats CJ123! Watch that volume!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #37 of 106
Nice OP! I still remember how I felt after I recieved my HD650s just two weeks ago on December 28, 2007!
smily_headphones1.gif
I, too, couldn't sleep and the best part was it was a Friday so I had the WHOLE weekend with my new toys!!! Hehe cheers mate!!! 8)

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #38 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O...M...G... do *I* feel old.
redface.gif

Oh, congrats CJ123! Watch that volume!
smily_headphones1.gif

haha, well im 21 now. and metallica is pretty old...perhaps you should take that into account
smily_headphones1.gif
either way you seem to have a lot more sound stuff than me
biggrin.gif
wanna trade places? you can do all my hw and deal with my gf who doesnt let me listen to toones and i can listen to your awesome collection of headphones
biggrin.gif
deal?

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #39 of 106
Quote:

Why Is There A Hiss From The Amp When I Turn Them All The Way Up And Not Dead Silence??? =/

With the volume turned up all the way, you're hearing the noise of the components themselves (if the noise is indeed a 'hiss'). A grounding issue would make a buzz or hum. Unless each component of the circuit is made out of gallium arsenide, there will be some noise.
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #40 of 106
well earlier i was getting the hissing sound at 70/100 now im getting it only at ~90/100. im guessing it was just the newness of the components. and heck the amp cost me 300 beans. i want my gallium arsenide components! where they at little tube? ::angry face::

Jan 9, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #41 of 106
i let the phones and the amp running last night and i got up about an hour ago and just wanted to take a listen before i started on some hw. the sound stage is like a mile wide now. but the bass is still lacking! between the 595 and the 650 which is traditionally known for deeper bass? yesterday was rather confusing for me when i auditioned all those headphones.

amp or no amp, the 595s still take it for now for everything except for sound stage and positional audio (for games). in counter strike i also find myself hearing things from a LOT farther than i heard with my 595s. which is refreshingly nice. its added a whole new element to game play.

so far the 650s are still harsh id say but not as harsh as when they came out of the box. music on the 595s envelops my head and it surrounds me but with not as much distinction as the 650s. with the 650 i can tell pretty much where the instruments. the 650s arent nearly as warm or rich as the 595s but they seem to be a lot more neutral and just a smidgen more detailed.

lets see how they fair by the end of the day.

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #42 of 106
Quote:

haha, well im 21 now. and metallica is pretty old...perhaps you should take that into account
smily_headphones1.gif
either way you seem to have a lot more sound stuff than me
biggrin.gif
wanna trade places? you can do all my hw and deal with my gf who doesnt let me listen to toones and i can listen to your awesome collection of headphones
biggrin.gif
deal?

Your dad must be pretty young
tongue.gif
I have never nown anyone older than 35 that likes Metallica, most are in my age.

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #43 of 106
Quote:

i let the phones and the amp running last night and i got up about an hour ago and just wanted to take a listen before i started on some hw. the sound stage is like a mile wide now. but the bass is still lacking! between the 595 and the 650 which is traditionally known for deeper bass? yesterday was rather confusing for me when i auditioned all those headphones.

amp or no amp, the 595s still take it for now for everything except for sound stage and positional audio (for games). in counter strike i also find myself hearing things from a LOT farther than i heard with my 595s. which is refreshingly nice. its added a whole new element to game play.

so far the 650s are still harsh id say but not as harsh as when they came out of the box. music on the 595s envelops my head and it surrounds me but with not as much distinction as the 650s. with the 650 i can tell pretty much where the instruments. the 650s arent nearly as warm or rich as the 595s but they seem to be a lot more neutral and just a smidgen more detailed.

lets see how they fair by the end of the day.

This is strange, the HD650 is the smoothest headphone I now of and they definetly have more Bass than HD595 both sub and upper bass. After getting used to 650 the 595 was actually harsh and grainy.

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #44 of 106
Quote:

Your dad must be pretty young
tongue.gif
I have never nown anyone older than 35 that likes Metallica, most are in my age.

56 actually...but depends on your definition of young
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #45 of 106
Quote:

This is strange, the HD650 is the smoothest headphone I now of and they definetly have more Bass than HD595 both sub and upper bass. After getting used to 650 the 595 was actually harsh and grainy.

pre burn in or post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back