HD 650 vs HE-500
Mar 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 20
HE-500 has a bit deeper bass and a smaller soundstage which lends itself to more electronic music.

The HD650 is more midrange centered, is smaller, and easier to wear for long hours.

Both are great headphones, but I have listened to both extensively and the HD650 would be my recommendation.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 20
Wow I see cause I have heard many good things about the HE-500 but I am not a bass head and dun listen to electronic music, I listen to classic rock and such, also i have tried the HD 650 but it feels like the trebles is is overshadowed or veiled 

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 20
So between those two, I prefer HE500 for rock (though I enjoy HE400 more). Both the 650 and the 500 are on the darker side.

I've never been able to get into using the AKG-Beyer-Senn trio for rock. I find that it sounds too genteel or maybe that it's trying to do too much with small groups using electric guitars and keyboards. Their soundstages seem have been engineered for more performers.

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #8 of 20
  HE-500 has a bit deeper bass and a smaller soundstage which lends itself to more electronic music.

The HD650 is more midrange centered, is smaller, and easier to wear for long hours.

Both are great headphones, but I have listened to both extensively and the HD650 would be my recommendation.

Sorry but I don't get this. The he500 has a smaller sound stage than the 650 and is more suited to electronic music? 
blink.gif
  That's not how I hear it. The 650 has a decent sound stage with the he500 being a little wider and deeper. Out of all the hifiman cans it has the darkest treble and deep tight bass. Now the he400 has more visceral impact and is often touted for it's abilities with EDM 

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #9 of 20
Honestly I dun really like dark sounding and I really dunno why I wish I lover darker sound but it just dun sit well with me, I prefer neutral sound with tight bass and huge sound stage and above all is clarity

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #10 of 20
Then you'll want to look at the he4. Put a strong amp with it and it will impress. Clarity or brighter hp's is not my thing so I'll step out here. (hd800 cough cough)

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #11 of 20
Honestly I dun really like dark sounding and I really dunno why I wish I lover darker sound but it just dun sit well with me, I prefer neutral sound with tight bass and huge sound stage and above all is clarity

In that case, look into K712. I have K702, which probably has what you want except the bass; K712 is reported to sound like it but with the bass.

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #12 of 20
  Then you'll want to look at the he4. Put a strong amp with it and it will impress. Clarity or brighter hp's is not my thing so I'll step out here. (hd800 cough cough)

Haha not sure what you mean by cough cough HD 800 because I tried it before and I was almost move to tears with how realistic the sound it produced for me it was like the resolution was just 4k for me in terms of audio quality.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #13 of 20

Sorry but I don't get this. The he500 has a smaller sound stage than the 650 and is more suited to electronic music? 
blink.gif
  That's not how I hear it. The 650 has a decent sound stage with the he500 being a little wider and deeper. Out of all the hifiman cans it has the darkest treble and deep tight bass. Now the he400 has more visceral impact and is often touted for it's abilities with EDM 

I misspoke earlier when I said smaller soundstage.  What I mean is the HE-500 has a more clustered sounding soundstage which deteriorates the resolving power making it appear smaller.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #15 of 20
HD600 is more neutral (and also a little more versatile). If you don't need the bass, buy it instead of HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back