HD 650 Deals?
Dec 1, 2012 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

cdahdude

Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I've been saving for a 650 for some time now, and I'd like to know if there are special deals that are/will be available? I know that winter break is coming soon... so I'm wondering if there are holiday savings I should keep my eyes peeled for.

Sincerely, cdahdude

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 60
you just missed a bunch of them.

although amazon and headphone.com are still offering $50 giftcards with purchase.

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 60
Watching Amazon's pricing may get you one of your best deals. I've seen them as low as $380 and as high as $500 over the last few months. Anything below $440 is pretty solid pricing

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 60
Add the deals thread to your subscription list. Sometimes a deals are random and shot lived.

The HD650 for $340 + $50 itunes GC was apparently "leaked" and only live for 3 days.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 60
Razor dog deals sometimes have good prices, or just keep looking for amazon price drops. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #7 of 60
Thanks, I'll be sure to subscribe to the deals thread, but I still am worried that a seller on Amazon might sell me a senn that's either fake or ineligible for warranty. Is this something to look out for?

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #8 of 60
You could always look on the used market. They are a great headphone for the price. Alas I don't get much use for them nowadays, but highly recommended for the price. The HD600 are actually a more neutral headphone and I'd recommend it over the 650 for most people, though it doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as the 650.

Also, make sure you have some decent amplification for them, balanced if possible. Running them out of an iPod won't show you what they're capable of. Same goes for a DAC.

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #9 of 60
I just bought a Sennheiser HD-650 used on ebay for $320 Like New condition a few days ago. It's sweeeeet! Way better than my AKG-701 and Ultrasone HFI-2400.

You can also buy it new with free shipping for $402.99. Check google shopping it was on there the other day.

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 60
$320 is a good price for a used pair in like new condition. I think I have you beat though. I traded a 2nd gen iPod Touch I was selling for $90 for my pair. :wink:

OMGG. Lucky son of a....
I'ma beat you one day, i'll put my broken tooth under the pillows and hope the tooth fairy gives me a HiFiMan-HE500! :)

@ cdahdude it's reliable, i only shop there when i get free shipping though. They started charging tax on many items now. ebay Ftw.

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #13 of 60
OMGG. Lucky son of a....
I'ma beat you one day, i'll put my broken tooth under the pillows and hope the tooth fairy gives me a HiFiMan-HE500! :)
@ cdahdude it's reliable, i only shop there when i get free shipping though. They started charging tax on many items now. ebay Ftw.

Well if you're going to wait for the tooth fairy I'd recommend the LCD3 instead. :)

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #14 of 60
Quote:
Thanks, I'll be sure to subscribe to the deals thread, but I still am worried that a seller on Amazon might sell me a senn that's either fake or ineligible for warranty. Is this something to look out for?

There are no reports of fake HD-650's.

You can check for yourself, on Sennheiser's web site, if the dealer is authorized. If they're not, you don't get a manufacturer's warranty. It's easy.

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #15 of 60
Quote:
You could always look on the used market. They are a great headphone for the price. Alas I don't get much use for them nowadays, but highly recommended for the price. The HD600 are actually a more neutral headphone and I'd recommend it over the 650 for MOST people, though it doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as the 650.
Also, make sure you have some decent amplification for them, balanced if possible. Running them out of an iPod won't show you what they're capable of. Same goes for a DAC.

I have to say that it's information like this that kept me from buying the 650 for years. Do MOST people want a completely flat response hp with no coloration? I can't answer for other people because I don't know what MOST people want. No offense intended. I just don't think that it's fair sway people away from a great hp. my 2c...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back