HD 598 or Meze 99 Neo?

Should I get the Sennheiser HD 598 or Meze 99 Neo?

• Sennheiser HD 598

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meze 99 Neo

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Dec 26, 2017 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SelloutHipster

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
So I've been wanting to buy a pair of full-size over-ear headphones for a while, because right now I own the 1More Triple Driver IEM's, and though they're great, I've come to the conclusion I just don't like IEM's.

I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 598 since right now they're on sale on Amazon for 99€. This is supposed to be my budget price, however, knowing myself it's possible that in the future I'll end up upgrading them to something better, like the Meze 99 Neo, which right now are on sale for 199€ on the official website, still a relatively affordable price. On top of that, the HD 598 would only serve as home headphones, since they're open-backed, while I could use the Meze 99 Neo as portable headphones as well and then sell my IEM's (though I'm always lazy about re-selling stuff, so I might end up not doing it anyway, eh).

Just to make it clear, I'm no audiophile, I don't plan on collecting more headphones than I need, I just want some more than decent quality ones so I can listen to my music properly. Do you think it's worth it to spend a bit more and get the Meze 99 Neo? Is the sound quality all that better? I've heard they're more fun to listen to, and also though I'm not a basshead I do listen to a lot of modern music, and for that purpose maybe the HD 598 are not the best. I'm also worried about Tyll's comment (from InnerFidelity) on the Meze 99 Neo earpads affecting sound quality, I'd like to get a sound signature that's as similar to the 99 Classics as possible, do you think I'll have to change the earpads for that, or did Meze already solve this issue?

Anyway, hope you can help me with this, and thanks a lot in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back