HD-590
Jul 8, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 6
I've been using the HD590 for about 9 months now. I love them because they are easily driven by any portable player and sound excellent. I can't compare them to any other headphone because this is the only pair I have.

What I can say though is that I think I have a pretty decent ear from playing the violin and viola for most of my life and I think that it reproduces classical music very well without too much bass or treble. Everything is clear and all other music is done quite well too.

The HD590 is definitely some of the best money I've spent in my life.

Jul 8, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by jessica00
not much talk about these beauties lately :p
anyone still use/love/plan on getting a pair?

I think I need to hear yours.
-Mag

Jul 8, 2003 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by MagusG
I think I need to hear yours.
-Mag

Her pair?......Hey now, none of that here.

I listen to mine through a Equinox Cable/Mapletree Ear+/Aiwa pcdp nearly every day and love the transparency this rig has. The synergy they have with this amp is very nice.

Yea I know, the source is lacking, but it plays mp3s and until I find a good deal on a 963SA, this will have to do.

Jul 8, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by jessica00
not much talk about these beauties lately :p
anyone still use/love/plan on getting a pair?

I just traded mine in on a HD580. No regrets. The 590 had such a wooly non-distinct bass range that I couldn't take it any longer. Not to mention the slightly muted and textured highs. It's a good phone for what it is (it's the most comfortable phone I ever used) but there's better for way less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back