HD 439 or ATH-AD700 for PC games only?
Jun 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jazh23

Head-Fier
Hi, a few months ago I bought my first headphones (Creative Aurvana Live), the sound is pretty good but, they make too much pressure in my head and my ears hurts a lot, I need something more comfortable.

For me comfort is as important as the sound, I don't know if the Sennheiser HD 439 or ATH-AD700 are good choice?

The price of both is the same ($99.95), I had thought buy the HD 518/558 as well but, are more expensive. the cable is too long and the connector is 6.3mm and probably need some kind of amplifier.

I plan to use them exclusive for PC games, in advance, thank you ...

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 6
It will probably depend on what type of games you play.  I use to own a pair of AD700s and they have great soundstage which would make it good for positioning for FPS type of games.  Unfortunately, they were probably one of the most bass light headphones I've ever owned, so it won't be as enjoyable for music or movies.  If the type of games you play don't require soundstage, such as RTS type games, then the HD439s will probably be better.  Another thing to keep in mind also is that the AD700s are completely open and don't isolate at all.

Jun 22, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hi, a few months ago I bought my first headphones (Creative Aurvana Live), the sound is pretty good but, they make too much pressure in my head and my ears hurts a lot, I need something more comfortable.

For me comfort is as important as the sound, I don't know if the Sennheiser HD 439 or ATH-AD700 are good choice?

The price of both is the same ($99.95), I had thought buy the HD 518/558 as well but, are more expensive. the cable is too long and the connector is 6.3mm.

I plan to use them exclusive for PC games, in advance, thank you ...

Which type of PC gaming? FPS? or other games?

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
It will probably depend on what type of games you play.  I use to own a pair of AD700s and they have great soundstage which would make it good for positioning for FPS type of games.  Unfortunately, they were probably one of the most bass light headphones I've ever owned, so it won't be as enjoyable for music or movies.  If the type of games you play don't require soundstage, such as RTS type games, then the HD439s will probably be better.  Another thing to keep in mind also is that the AD700s are completely open and don't isolate at all.

Isolation is not problem, I live alone with my wife, in the house there isn't noise.

It is to play all kinds of games, fps, role, adventure, action, except arcade games like MK, GRID 2, etc. For that kind of games I use the Logitech X-540.

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 6
I sent an e-mail to Sennheiser asking them if I could buy on their web page directly paying with my credit card and they said yes, then is better option buy the HD 518 by $130 + short cable (3.5mm connector)? Would need an amplifier?

In total are $130 +12$ + shipping. The ATH-AD700, is cheaper but I do not like the colors combination, people say it lacks bass and although they have big earpads, the holes are small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back