Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Apr 2, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #646 of 2,486
I have many MJ songs loaded on my phone too, and listening them with the Havis I dont hear any sibilance. 
Not any. Unless the seal is not good, so be sure to check all tips provided to get a 100% good seal.

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #647 of 2,486
Same here. Never heard sibilance on these before

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #648 of 2,486

Its just the way they are tuned.  And remember, not everyone will be hearing this like you are.  Again - you seem to be hyper-acute to high frequencies in the sibilance range

Seriously?  Get some suggestions for a different earphone and sell the Havis.  It's not a "real world" problem.  Perspective!

Lol, name me one IEM that sounds like Havi with decent treble under $300.............
I'm not looking for trouble here, it's just that I have not met anyone who agreed with me that havi is sibilance.

Like I said I don't think I'm prone to sibilance, since my previous headphone were considered sibilance by my friend who was a bright/detail lover too.
I really love the mid range, clarity and soundstage, the overall sound signature and everything about it except the sibilance.

it's not logical to ditch the whole IEM and get a downgrade in every sound sector except for the vocal, than actually finding a solution to it :)
this iem is so good... really good. I can pick 1 song from my hundreds of song library that I have never heard again until the day I get this gem, and  I can always find something I have never heard before even though almost all my setup were analytical headphones/earphones every time.

Quite possibly that this is comfort/seal problem. I noticed that sibilance only occur on high volume, however I'm only adjusting it to my previous IEM's volume level. I could be getting horrible seal and forced to increase the volume up to harmful level.
However the previous user included bunch of tips including foam and ortofon tips;none which fit my ears perfectly. I have also tried my RE0's tips but it seems that the comfort is slightly different due to different in nozzle size. I'm also having trouble wearing it over ear. seems like the thin cable won't sit behind my ear. it tends to go over my ear's leaf..

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #649 of 2,486
  Lol, name me one IEM that sounds like Havi with decent treble under $300.............

I could name you a dozen or so under $300 with great clarity, balance, imaging etc

But if you wait another week - there should be something coming up that will definitely fit your requirements.  The brand is Trinity, and it should be on KickStarter really soon.

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #650 of 2,486
BTW - if seal is an issue you should know it immediately.  The first thing to notice is missing bass.  The second is very tinny sounding treble. The Havi shouldn't (normally) display either problem.

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #651 of 2,486

Quote:
  BTW - if seal is an issue you should know it immediately.  The first thing to notice is missing bass.  The second is very tinny sounding treble. The Havi shouldn't (normally) display either problem.

thanks for the tips, I agree with you that most common case of bad seal is the missing bass and tinny treble..

but I don't find the treble nor bass lacking. It is really perfect in both sector.

Only in certain recording that the sibilance is intolerable. On the other recording/song it's not very distracting but I can notice it if the song progress on the part where the vocal get hot.

anyways if you happen to have loseless file of MJ's beat, the part where it's painful the most is the part I bold bellow in the lyric.
They told him, "Don't you ever come around here.
Don't wanna see your face. You better disappear."
The fire's in their eyes and their words are really clear
So beat it, just beat it

You better run, you better do what you can
Don't wanna see no blood, don't be a macho man
You wanna be tough, better do what you can
So beat it, but you wanna be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

gs1000.gif

I could name you a dozen or so under $300 with great clarity, balance, imaging etc

But if you wait another week - there should be something coming up that will definitely fit your requirements.  The brand is Trinity, and it should be on KickStarter really soon.

Please do! or you can PM me!! :)
I've also tried RE400, had RE0. Man you are really patient towards me.. I'm really sad right now, you have no Idea how I've been looking for upgrade from RE0 these past years..

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #652 of 2,486
Unfortunately mate - I'm not treble sensitive (at all), so doubt it would trouble me in the slightest.  Here's some sections from the bio I always post with my reviews:

I generally tend toward cans that are relatively neutral/balanced, but I do have a fondness for clarity, and suspect I might have slight ‘treble-head’ preferences.  I am not treble sensitive (at all), and in the past have really enjoyed headphones like the K701, SR325i, and of course the T1 and DT880.
<snip>
I tend to be sceptical about audiophile ‘claims’, don’t generally believe in burn-in, have never heard a difference with different cables, and would rather test myself blind on perceived differences.  I am not a ‘golden eared listener’.  I suffer from mild tinnitus, and at 48, my hearing is less than perfect.

Like I said earlier - you may be very acute to one particular frequency which is causing sibilance with that track.  Call it an unfortunate match between your source, IEMS, track and your own physiology.  So the question becomes:

1. Change the source - seems a bit drastic to change the DX50 if you enjoy it, but your call.
  2. Change the IEMs - this would be my call, or try changing tips (something like a Comply foam may ameliorate the upper frequencies enough to dampen the spike)
  3. Change the track - to be honest, unless its one of your favourite albums, I'd ditch it, and either look for a better remaster, or just only listen to it with different headphones. 

First though - try tip rolling with the Havis.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #653 of 2,486

Nice tip! I'm really having some regrets about not hopping on the Supra Wagon so will definitely check this out.Thanks for the heads up! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #655 of 2,486
Noticable in mono sound mode. Otherwise when carefully listenng almost unhearable.

Now listening Beat it, FLAC through them. At a volume my ears almost dropped some blood I could not hear ANY sibilance on te s'es. Not any.

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #656 of 2,486
  Unfortunately mate - I'm not treble sensitive (at all), so doubt it would trouble me in the slightest.  Here's some sections from the bio I always post with my reviews:

Like I said earlier - you may be very acute to one particular frequency which is causing sibilance with that track.  Call it an unfortunate match between your source, IEMS, track and your own physiology.  So the question becomes:

1. Change the source - seems a bit drastic to change the DX50 if you enjoy it, but your call.
  2. Change the IEMs - this would be my call, or try changing tips (something like a Comply foam may ameliorate the upper frequencies enough to dampen the spike)
  3. Change the track - to be honest, unless its one of your favourite albums, I'd ditch it, and either look for a better remaster, or just only listen to it with different headphones. 

First though - try tip rolling with the Havis.

Thanks man but it looks like the Havi is not for everyone. I've tried bunch of tips but it seems that the seal is actually just fine for me with the default tips.
By the way, I find the isolation isn't that good even though the tip seal is quite decent, a little bit less isolating than my RE0.

I guess I'll trade it with Hifiman RE400. It's funny because I find Havi to be slightly warmer when I tried it at the store and RE400 appear to have more airy female vocal than havi :p
the reason I picked havi is not only because it has better instrument retrieval on lower midrange, it also has insanely huge soundstage depth and imaging.

I'll go to the store and compare my havi with the one I tried in the store. If it's different, then we know what's the problem here.

thanks everyone!

still waiting for trinity though..

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #657 of 2,486
Review of the Hyperion has just been posted.  Kickstarter launch should start within next couple of days.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-hyperion-dynamic-iem/reviews/12834

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #659 of 2,486
  Looks like I'm not the only one.
here's another review from amazon saying that it has horrible sibilance, without proper DAC/AMP

Probably because my DAP doesn't have enough power.
I can't believe my iBasso DX50 doesn't have enough juice to drive this thing.. wow.

It cannot be,,dx 50 should be powerful enough,,even clip+ can power it though almost full volume is required and it drains the battery.
And once again i must emphasize,it has no sibilance let alone horrible.

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #660 of 2,486

It cannot be,,dx 50 should be powerful enough,,even clip+ can power it though almost full volume is required and it drains the battery.
And once again i must emphasize,it has no sibilance let alone horrible.

Yes it truly is a remarkable phone. I find it pairs particularly well with the zip case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back