Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
May 8, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #316 of 4,032
Been using my b3 straight out of my x5 and it sounds great. Did some pairing with the e7 and e11, preferred the e11 but not too much over the e7. It has been more convenient for me to use the b3 straight from the x5 so I have been sticking with just the x5.

Before I got the x5 I was going from my galaxy s3>dragonfly dac v1.0. The dragonfly pairs best with the b3 for me, the x5 sq wise does sound quite the same.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 8, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #317 of 4,032
Any B3 Pro1 user should try Nicolas Jaar "Space is Only Noise" album...

Also "Wouh" track from Nicolas sounds freakingly fantastic through the B3 Pro1: https://play.spotify.com/search/nicolas%20jaar

(You will feel the separation qualities of twin micro-drivers throughout the song, bass is layered also very well produced, highs do not mix with other freq., after passing the 3:48 point there begins the 3d, imaging, depth, etc. miracles of B3
wink_face.gif
)

PS: My desktop setup is always: PC -> Shelbrook Audio Mini Head Signature Amp -> Havi B3 Pro1

May 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #318 of 4,032
Just got mine from Penonaudio (great store - highly recommended, my second order and both took less than 2 weeks to deliver to Europe).
Package was just as they show on their page 3 silicon pairs, 3 double flange pairs and 1 foam).
For now I burned them for 30h.
Impressions? Simply amazing clarity and separation. Great highs and mids. Very bass shy though. I think when it comes to quantity I've never heard less bass. Less than Rock-it R50 for sure and that's saying something. That means they're not for every genre.
But even though I listen to them for less than 2 hours, they do sound great.
For now I tried them on FiiO X5 and E18. And they do need power like no other IEM.
It's amazing that I like them more than Sony XBA-H3,T-Peos H200 and every other IEM in possesion. But like I said for specific genres only. Rock and metal there's no comparison with T-Peos because they simply lack bass.
But calm music with emphasis on vocals and they shine so bright:)

May 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #320 of 4,032
  Bass boost, EQ, or triple flanges inserted deep will help with the bass. 

True but I like to enjoy IEMs just as they were originally tuned. Quality of bass is excellent here and if I need quantity I can always choose different IEM.
Sometimes I use bass boost, rarely EQ - but when I do it's usually to emphasise frequencies that are already good and prominent. For example - bass in Monster Gratitude is great in quantity but with bass boost is even better:).
HAVI sounds great without any alterations - I think you just need to find the right music to enjoy them fully.

May 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #321 of 4,032
Just got mine from Penonaudio (great store - highly recommended, my second order and both took less than 2 weeks to deliver to Europe).
Package was just as they show on their page 3 silicon pairs, 3 double flange pairs and 1 foam).
Impressions? Simply amazing clarity and separation. Great highs and mids. Very bass shy though. I think when it comes to quantity I've never heard less bass. Less than Rock-it R50 for sure and that's saying something. That means they're not for every genre.
For now I tried them on FiiO X5 and E18. And they do need power like no other IEM.
It's amazing that I like them more than Sony XBA-H3,T-Peos H200 and every other IEM in possesion. But like I said for specific genres only. Rock and metal there's no comparison with T-Peos because they simply lack bass.

My favorite way to enjoy my havi is through my e18. Turn your gain to high and use the bass boost, it makes these things sound incredible.

May 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #322 of 4,032
i hav an E18....attached to a sansa... i do like some bass...what was wrong with the Pro2 ..the bass-ier version of the pro1??

May 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #323 of 4,032

Congrats and welcome :)

Just continue to burn-in. Pass the 100 hours mark. They are reported to be more bassy than R50 previously.

This is the first time I hear that somebody got them with 3 sets of double flanges :)

I was on the road yesterday and was just smiling while using the B3 :) I have found a tiny portable source that doesn't need an amp and matches very well :wink: Used with that source I couldn't beleive their bass as well :wink: Source: a Meizu M3. Only 2 gb of space but man (with its wolfson chip) it sounds great with only the half wolume.

Also I did some trials with sansa fuze + E11. With Rockboxed Fuze -if I put some dB on the lowest frq on EQ- bass is certainly there. This combo brings out every beauty as well. It's interesting that eq'ing the bass had no side effects on B3 with the Fuze. But generally I don't need to do this as well. Because bass is already enough for my tastes. If the genre calls it, I may need to do the trick. With the M3 its just plug and play (only need to turn the spatilizer to on position which I do for all of my hp's And iems).

May 9, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #324 of 4,032
no biflangles on my package. Instead there are three pairs of semi-transparent hybrids

May 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #325 of 4,032
Just got my Havi's today from Penon and they have the red dot on the bottom and came with 2 or 3 sets of double flange.  After listening to these for a couple of hours,
I'm not even the least bit bit interested in the Ostrys anymore don't even bother with them. I got mine from Penon in 11 days so bub bye Kc06 I don't love you anymore.

May 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #327 of 4,032
  Just got my Havi's today from Penon and they have the red dot on the bottom and came with 2 or 3 sets of double flange.  After listening to these for a couple of hours,
I'm not even the least bit bit interested in the Ostrys anymore don't even bother with them. I got mine from Penon in 11 days so bub bye Kc06 I don't love you anymore.

What do you like more about the Havi and for what type of music?

May 9, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #328 of 4,032
The bass is quite soft in impact and lacks some body with the ostrys. Also the treble is similarly forwarded. While I can't complain about the fit/comfort, the isolation is sub-par for the daily use. I'm not saying the ostrys are bad, it's just they are not worth the price tag when you have Havi B3 Pros (1) for $10 dollars less. This is only my personal opinion and I'm sure there will be 
arguments about it and that is fine. I certainly don't mean to offend anyone with my observations.

May 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #330 of 4,032
i hav an E18....attached to a sansa... i do like some bass...what was wrong with the Pro2 ..the bass-ier version of the pro1??

The problem is that they're not a bassier version of the Pro1. They're just a bass oriented iem that looks the same as the Pro1. Not the same soundstage or clarity at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back