Have you ever had a hard time choosing an amp?

Which is the least crazy choice?

• Questyle cma600i (new) @ $1300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Qeustyle cma400i (new) @ $800

• Audeze Deckard (used /w warranty) @ $340

• Schiit Jotunheim /w Balanced DAC (new) @ $499

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rex Aevum

Head-Fier
Hello guys,

I am loosing my mind trying to decide what AMP/DAC for my new LCD-X that I ordered and will be getting next week. I currently have a Schiit modi 2 U and magni 2 U stack but I know I want something better for these headphones but I just can't decide what to go with, the amps i was considering are:
  • Questyle cma600i (new) @ $1300
  • Qeustyle cma400i (new) @ $800
  • Audeze Deckard (used /w warranty) @ $340
  • Schiit Jotunheim /w Balanced DAC (new) @ $499
I am having an incredibly hard time choosing which to go with due to the fact that I cant really listen to any of them before ordering and I don't have that much experience in the audio game so I don't know how large of improvements I'm gonna get by paying 4x the money.

I have read what feels like a books worth of reviews on all of them and I am leaning towards the 600i because I want to get something that will last me for a long time and is clean. As far as the Deckard- stared to consider it because I can get it for cheap and from what I read it pairs great with all of the audeze headphones. For those that have listened to them - is there a large difference between the 600i and the Jot or Deckard? Would you say it's worth the extra money to you?

Im just looking for someone to say that I'm not crazy for having such a hard time choosing and thinking of spending all of this money on an AMP!?
And I would like to ask that you also cast your bet on which one do you think I should go with!?

If you read this far, thank you! Would really appreciate your input.

Sep 30, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 2
600i. And no you are not crazy. It's price is easily justifiable. Look at it this way-you buy the 600i, drop the $1300. Now you have basically state of the art equipment to pair with similarly priced/performance phones. If you keep that 600i for at least 10 years, it costs you $130 a year to own it.....not too bad imo. Plus it will always have a decent resale value too. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back