Have MDR-D33 -- upgrade to MDR-D66?
Mar 23, 2005 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aj2four0

New Head-Fier
I currently have a set of sony eggo model d33's, and I have been searching for 77's with no luck for a few weeks.. i'm wondering what the difference between the 33 and 66 are besides the cord (33's have duel cords). I'm really scared the 66's will be discontinued and i'll never get a set again.. so should i just go for the 66's or wait and try harder to find some 77's. Thanks!

Also, i'm planning on building/getting a cmoy to amp my 33's, and i use an ipod mini currently. If that matters. I'm a little new to all of this.

Thanks again. All comments appreciated.

Mar 23, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't know if anyone here's actually heard D33s, so you might not get many opinions
smily_headphones1.gif
. There's a lot of people with D66s, though, and they turn up regularly on the for sale forum, so even if they did go out of production you probably wouldn't have too much trouble getting hold of 'em in future. There's some D77s on eBay right now, starting bid $129, buy it now $189. There was a pair sold there last week too, the auction looked suspiciously similar; I'm wondering if some canny person has just come into a big batch of D77s and is trickling them out slowly so as not to kill the price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back