Have any of you found a earphone that you consider to be perfect?
Jul 25, 2023 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Question2

100+ Head-Fier
If you look at the reviews, they usually go "x is good, y is bad" (e.g. lacking bass or whatever). Have any of you found a earphone that you consider pretty much perfect?

Jul 25, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 9
IEMs, not yet.

Headphones, Meze Elite.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 9
If you look at the reviews, they usually go "x is good, y is bad" (e.g. lacking bass or whatever). Have any of you found a earphone that you consider pretty much perfect?
Earphones ? Hum... 🤔

Perfection for me : balance, naturalness, accurate timbres and tones, vividness, faithful to music, all musics.

My two candidates :

1/ Vision Ears Erlkönig (Raptgo Adaptative Eartips, stock silver cable, but I haven't make serious testings). #2 tuning position. No real cons, but a very high price and rare and discontinued. Little lack of the "final magic touch" ? Maybe "too perfect" and a little bit "too polite" ? Possible. But objectively, if I may, perfection. All the he terms I have definited above.

2/ Aure Audio Ringo (with Ares S Founders Edition cable and "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" tips). My ultimate musical reference. Pure magic (voices, timbres, tones... one word fits all, "realistic"). Discret technical chops but hyper real high end technical chops ; the very more difficult thing to achieve : maturity. Not the final word in the subbass end and the very high treble end, that's all : this is only the way the tuning is achieved (not lacking). But... (Big but 🫣😉) very rare and... discontinued too 😭🤤

My 2 CTS and to be continued. 😇 👍

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 9
For music the Truthear Crinnacle Zero Blue version with a Topping l30 ii amp. For gaming, the Hifiman Ananda Stealth or Audio Technica ADH1000X.
For an all around one, the Moon drop Starfield or See audio Yume ii are excellent. Those are the ones I'd use everyday, or recommend to my most annoying relative who is nitpicky.

Jul 25, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm perfectly happy with the KZ ASX.....fit combined with sound.
It gets terrible reviews though, so I'm pretty sure I have absolutely no idea about sound quality. :)

Listening to the CCA CS16 right now, and I'm happy with them too (similar to ASX).
A big part of it is the fit with both....I can shake my head all over the place and they don't budge, and something about the sound on both helps me to get more absorbed in the music.

I keep thinking I'll get something more expensive that gets rave reviews to see what I'm missing out on, but everytime I'm almost convinced to purchase something I'll read a bad review that makes it sound no better than my cheapies, so I can't pull the trigger.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #8 of 9
From the IEMs i've heard, Kinera Nanna x Z. But I do want to try AROMA Audio Jewel, the frequency response is closes to my favourite eq preset, in terms of graphing.

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #9 of 9
Moondrop Variations gets pretty close. It's maybe the only IEM in my collection I wouldn't be opposed to listening to without EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back