Hasek to return to Wings?!?
Jul 31, 2006 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

3DCadman

1000+ Head-Fier
Jul 31, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 10
I still can't believe that they don't want a guy like Manny Legace...he had 37-8-3 record last season with a 2.19 GAA and is much younger than Hasek who is 41. While he may still prove to be a good goalie...I'm pretty certain he will see limited action after an injury at some point this season. The wings have a bad habit of blaming goalies for playoff disappointments...fact is they lost as a team last year against Edmonton and were outplayed...

Jul 31, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 10
^^
I think management kind of lost faith in Manny after the latest early exit playoff. Ozzie and Dom both won Cups.

Detroit's management/coaching have always put experience as a priority in the past in choosing players.

But, both of them have a history of injury, so who knows.

Jul 31, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 10
I would of liked to see Manny as the No.1 guy. And Hasek as the backup. I am not a big fan of Osgood. I felt in the 98 season he played okay. But some of those goals that went in were real doozy's. And the fact that wings had so much talent on the roster saved him. If we had been any other team and roster so not stacked full of stars I think the 98 cup would of been harder.

I think it was unfair for the management to blame legace for the exit in the playoffs. I always felt that Detroit needed some more physical presence on ice. Not to mention letting go one of the redwings playoff performers federov was a big mistake.

Since 1990 for playoff total points scored since, federov is probably amongst the top 2 with peter the great. You miss that kind of production in the playoffs.

I would of liked to see hull stay another year with the wings as he is a proven goalscorer.

I really think the redwings are gonna struggle this season. We will have to rely on upcoming players like dats and zetterberg. The goaltending will help in the form of hasek but at 41 there is only so much he can do.

I think we should of traded for a player like pronger in defence.

now if they can find a young and upcoming goalie in their reserves say a terry sawchuk then that would be sweet
rs1smile.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 10
Knowing his recent track record, I don't think he'll make it past the first quarter of the season before injuring his groin again... He should have stayed retired after the cup in 2002...

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 10
I was surprised they didn't take a swing at Biron. With all the contract squabble that the Sabres have, Detroit might have been able to swing a youngster for Biron, maybe a Grigorenko or Hudler, or even McGrath + a pick.

I question why they didn't bring Legace back in though...

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak622
Knowing his recent track record, I don't think he'll make it past the first quarter of the season before injuring his groin again

THAT'S exactly what I'm afraid of. If he stays healthy, he should do well.

Aug 1, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman
THAT'S exactly what I'm afraid of. If he stays healthy, he should do well.

I agree... If he is able to stay healthy he is still a good solid goalie. I think if Osgood and Hasek share goaltending duties similar to how Minnesota did with Fernandez and Roloson in the past few seasons. That would save some wear and tear on both of them and hopefully they can finish strong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back