Has anyone heard Orb Speakers?
Dec 6, 2009 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Drag0n

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone ever heard these Orb Speakers before?

Classic Two Stereo Speaker System

How would they compare to Paradigms or something i may be familiar with?
Im thinking of paradigm Studio 20v5 with a DSP3200 sub.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 17
Guess not?

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 17
I can't speak for certainty, but I seem to recall those having... very blah review.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 17
I was considering Orb for my home theatre setup. But factoring in the cost of shipping + nasty customs charge, I decided against them. Maybe one day...

Everything I've read online about Orb has been excellent.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 17
I love Gallo speakers, and these also use spheres so i was curious.
They look nice. I wish i could demo them somewhere.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 17
I have them for my desktop setup, when not using HPs. I absolutely love them. Very accurate and detailed. I feed them pretty well though, they go thru my Headroom Desktop amp (pre) then thru a very nice Marantz Home Amp. But again, I love them and do about 70% of my home listening on them, mostly because it is just easier to hit play on my computer and listen. As apposed to getting out HPs. I do not use a sub with them so the bass is light, but the highs and mids are great.

Back when I was buying them 2 yrs ago I did some searches and actually the reviews on here are quite good but few and far between.

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 17
Cool, i bet theyre great on the pc.
I have to find a place that has them to listen to.
Headroom and Marantz must make them sound warm and tubey.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 17
I changed my mind; I'm going to be buying Orb for my home theatre setup after all. Probably making a phone call tomorrow to do so.

I'll keep ya posted!

Dec 19, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I changed my mind; I'm going to be buying Orb for my home theatre setup after all. Probably making a phone call tomorrow to do so.

I'll keep ya posted!

Review!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #10 of 17
Still haven't ordered 'em...my wallet is aching!

Dec 19, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #11 of 17
There is a local dealer here in Mobile for Gallo, and I was able to audition the Diva series (several years old now) I have a 5.1 setup in my bedroom for the TV. Pretty awesome, especially considering the size.

Mar 21, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #13 of 17
I had the gallo adivas for a few years 7.1 setup very nice for what they are but they do need a good sub, I sold them as me one year old kid has picking them up. I have svs speakers now which my kid don't even bother looking at. Wife liked the gallo looks more than anything

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #14 of 17
I have the Orbs in a 5.1 setup for my home theatre system. I listen to a lot of music down in the basement, AND watch movies. The Orbs are simply amazing! It's astonishing how much sound comes out of something so small!

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #15 of 17
I actually have an orb audio home theater setup (mod2's, that is two orb speakers linked) in the front and centers channels, and mod1's (single orbs) for the rears with the super 8 woofer all hooked up to a yamaha 665 receiver. I absolutely love them. For the price, they are tough to beat in my opinion. In fact, I like them so much that I bough two more single orbs and use them as a part of a 2.1 system for my computer, with a ALO version JV5 tube amp a cheap yamaha sub. I can't say enough good things about them. The fact that they are modular allows you to use them with whatever gear you have (subwoofer, amp, other speakers, whatever) and also to buy more orbs to upgrade your system overtime.

The sound is also fantastic IMHO. They put out articulate, full bodies, airy sound that has no business coming from speakers as small as they are. and they look great to boot. They've also received some pretty glowing reviews from most of the major hi-fi audio mags and websites. If you have any questions, you can email them. Their staff is great and will happily answer any questions you have (I had a lot when I made my first purchase).

...my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back