Has Anyone Heard Head Direct's New Flagship IEM, the RE3?
Jun 12, 2009 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jap

500+ Head-Fier
[size=small]Head Direct supposedly introduced a new flagship IEM at CanJam '09, the RE3. Did anyone give it a decent listen? If so, how does it compare to the Head Direct RE0? Thanks in advance for any leads.[/size]

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 7
I was there and Fang had me listen to a new IEM. It had a weird clip on the opposite end of the cable that fits in the groove of your ear. I didn't get a good fit, and they didn't sound very good to me, especially for the $230 price he mentioned. They could have had a flat frequency response and have been very detailed, but I didn't have them in for more than 2 minutes as I wasn't there to listen to those, I wanted to listen to the HiFiMan with my IE8.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #6 of 7
Jun 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #7 of 7
[size=small]Thanks for the link, ClieOS. Koven, the RE3 was first mentioned (to my limited knowledge anyway) here (Scroll down to announcement by Head Direct rep, Nankai - second post from bottom of page).

The RE0 received great reviews where they were compared to the Ety ER-4S by at least one reviewer. Could the RE3 actually top the ER-4S for $230 retail?[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back