Has anyone compared the Sennheiser´ MX760 to the JVC HA-FX34?
Jun 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

XgergoX

New Head-Fier
How do the marshmallows compare to the sennheisers in terms of sound quality? I already have the mx760's and i'm trying to get a pair of earphones with a similar sound and better isolation. TIA.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 11
Bump!
I forgot to mention I too have koss ksc75 and portapro, so i'm just looking for something with a similar sound and with better isolation than these headphones. The noise in the public transport in my city is very loud.

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 11
I've had all three (Marhsmallows, KSC75, and MX760) and like marshmallows the least. Is there a particular reason you're looking into the marshmallows specifically and not low-budget IEMs in general?

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 11
Well I`m from México and here we have not very much choices, buying online is not an option for me at the moment.
Is the sound quality much worse in the Marsmallows?
I love the sound of the porta drivers on the 75`s clips but i can stand some lower quality sound.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Is the sound quality much worse in the Marsmallows?
I love the sound of the porta drivers on the 75`s clips but i can stand some lower quality sound.

The marshmallows aren't that bad. You can do much worse buying indiscriminately. Kramer modding them (replacing the paper filter with a small ball of foam) can help too. If you don't have much else available, the JVCs are at the very least a safe choice.

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 11
Modding is not a problem for me my koss headphones are already kramer and quarter modded. My other options are the creative ep-630, the sennheiser cx-300 and the pioneer se-cl21. The pioneer cost almost the same, the creative the double and the sennheiser the triple. Is the quality worth the price difference respect the marshmallows?

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #7 of 11
They're very different beasts, aren't they? The Marshmallows, being canalphones, will offer some isolation, while the MX760 cannot as earbuds.

Marshmallows sound fun, though some find the sound cheap. The Sennheiser buds, IMHO, do not sound like lower quality at all. They are quite refined for the size really.

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
They're very different beasts, aren't they? The Marshmallows, being canalphones, will offer some isolation, while the MX760 cannot as earbuds.

Marshmallows sound fun, though some find the sound cheap. The Sennheiser buds, IMHO, do not sound like lower quality at all. They are quite refined for the size really.

I have the mx760 and agree with the sound quality but i'm looking for something with better isolation not very expensive and available locally. The 760's just don´t isolate at all and i'm trying to take care of my hearing without a great loss of quality, i`m only going to use them for 15 to 30 minutes and the rest of the time i'll be using my PortaPro or Ksc75. The 760's are ok while i'm lying in bed.

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Modding is not a problem for me my koss headphones are already kramer and quarter modded. My other options are the creative ep-630, the sennheiser cx-300 and the pioneer se-cl21. The pioneer cost almost the same, the creative the double and the sennheiser the triple. Is the quality worth the price difference respect the marshmallows?

That's not much of a selection is it. Well, the Senns have no advantages over the EP630 if they cost 30% more and I've not heard the Pioneers. I do think the EP630/CX300 sounds a bit better than marshmallows do but they have less isolation and more cable noise. If you're only going to be using them for an hour each day might as well go for the marshmallows - save some money and they'll be more convenient to use.

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 11
I think i'll go for the marsmallows. Thank you very much for your answers. This is a great place with great people.
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #11 of 11
Ok, I  got my marshmallows they are nice for the price. With the isolation you can ear more music than noise, with open phones like the Portapro, Ksc75 or the MX760 the sound is better but you can barely listen to the music unless you increase the volume and that is bad for your hearing, the kramer mod improves them. Nice phones
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back